6/25/14

The Big 4-0

  I'm not gonna mention any names, but someone in our house turned the big 4-0 today.  And because the spouse of this someone was worried about the well being of this oldie, he spoiled her rotten.  The celebration actually started last Friday night with dinner at Ocean Club, a movie at the IPic and then a night at the Westin Kierland.  
 And then on the morning of June 25th, the spouse of this someone took the day off of work and sent her and her mom to the Spa at Talking Stick, then shopping at Nordstroms, and then to Chrissy's for the most amazing hair extensions. When I arrived, this is what was waiting for me.  Balloons everywhere, a poster with my kids handprints and...
2 dozen Sweet Tooth Fairy cupcakes!  Delicious!  
Because we had the swim banquet tonight, I met Jeremy and the kids at Mesa Country Club with my new hair and relaxed self.  After the banquet dinner and trophies, we headed out to the pool where this delicious raspberry cake from Sweet Tooth Fairy was waiting for me….and all the other friends and family who wanted some.  I feel very lucky to have had such a great 40th birthday.  I think Jeremy was concerned about my well being because I have been in denial about this big birthday.  As dumb as this sounds, I have cried and pouted and cried some more.  This has been a doosey for me.  I have been thinking about my dad A LOT lately.  He was 50 when he died.  50!  I am 40 today.  He lived only 10 years longer then where I am right now.  That scares me! And for all you young spring chickens out there…it's true what they say.  Suddenly I can't see a thing, my varicose veins that I acquired when I got pregnant with Miss B. are KILLING me, every wrinkle on my face has decided to manifest itself, and every time I eat anything…it sticks!  I am bound and determined t make my 40's a decade of working out and taking care of me.  Now if I could just get my kids on board with that!

No comments: