Today was team picture day.
We woke up earlier then normal so the boys could spike their hair and I could curl Miss B.'s hair.
Everyone looked good to go for their individual and team pictures.
We get to the pool and I start filling out the picture packets and gathering cash to pay for 4 sets of pictures (I forgot my checkbook and never carry cash!)
As I'm filling out name, age, team, parents name, address, phone number, etc., a mom comes up to me and says, "Berkley is in the pool."
SERIOUS?!?! No one else is in the pool and we haven't even started pictures yet!
I walk over to the pool where a cute little 4 year old is having the time of her life in the pool by herself.
I yank her out and ask her what the heck she thinks she is doing?
She starts crying.
I drag her to the bathroom and give her the riot act!
It went something like, "Why on earth would you think you can get in the pool when you haven't even had your pictures yet." " We woke up extra early so I could curl your hair and make you look nice for your team and individual pictures!" "Do you see anyone else in the pool right now?" "You look like a wet dog now Miss B. and for all I care, you can get your picture looking just like that!"
Let's just say it was not pretty.
Part of the reason I was so upset was not only because she was all ready to go with getting her picture taken today, but because last night at the swim meet, she ran out of no where and did a "flying fish" into the pool…during the meet…while the 14 year old girls were swimming! She got in tons of trouble then too but for some reason, didn't learn her lesson!
Luckily, Miss B. has coach Kelsey who thinks she is adorable and cute. Coach Kelsey took a crying Miss B. into the bathroom. She showered her and then blow dryed her hair.
She was all sweet and nice and soft with her, unlike her mother!

No comments:
Post a Comment