Today my boys started back at school. I cannot believe I have a second, fourth and sixth grader!
The fact that I have a sixth grader scares me! Brody has the same teacher he had in fourth grade, Ms. Karr. She is LOUD, crazy and wild, but so much fun. Brody is the only student who got Ms. Karr again this year. Everyone who had her in fourth grade wanted her again this year and Brody is the only one who got her. He is so excited! He will have an adventurous and fun year!
Case had a difficult start this morning. He is certain he is shrinking because his new jeans don't fit him the way he remembered they did when he tried them on. Not only that, but his new Nike shoes didn't arrive in time for the first day and he was super sad about that. Case has Ms. Peterson this year. She is expecting her second child in October and will be on maternity leave from October until January. He is super bummed because his teacher last year was pregnant ALL year and was pretty much DONE with teaching. He is worried that his new teacher will be the same. Luckily the permanent sub coming in is supposed to be awesome. We will see. Just wish this boy could get a fun nice teacher!
Ledger is in Mrs. Schwartz class this year. At Meet The Teacher yesterday, we realized that she HAS to be the sweetest teacher in the whole school. She talks in a high smily voice and is happy happy happy! FINALLY Ledger gets a sweet teacher. He has waited since preschool for this. He is so excited for school to start, he can hardly stand it! I think Ledger is going to have an amazing year!
After many many tears until late in the night, these boys (Brody and Case) finally got some sleep. They woke up moaning and groaning this morning and not at all excited for school to start. Jeremy said when we keep having the best summer's EVER, he can see what it's so hard for them. Maybe I need to give them hours and hours of chores all summer so they WANT to go back to school!
Brody got out of the car this morning and disappeared. Luckily he found his friend Trevor and they quickly caught up. Last night I was prepping Brody that there would be LOTS of picture taking today and that he needed to just relax and not say anything about it. He scolded me and told me that I could NOT take any pictures of him. A couple hours later, he changed his mind and told me that I COULD take pictures of him. Funny little 11 year old!
Case has a really hard time transitioning back to school. His best friend Chandler is being home schooled this year and Case is super sad! I hope he will meet lots more friends this year and have a great year. It will be a difficult few weeks but I have geared up for it and hope I/We can handle it!
Ledger all ready for second grade! Can you see how sweet his teacher looks? She just smiles!
Ledger is so excited his friend Henry is in his class again this year.
After school, we headed over to Golden Spoon to have ice cream with the Giles. We started this tradition last year and have decided it's waaaaay too fun to not do every year!
I can't believe Jordan started kindergarten this year but Berkley didn't get to. Wish these two were a little closer in age. Every one we know started kindergarten this year. Hopefully Miss B. will make some new friends before she goes.








No comments:
Post a Comment