Last night we celebrated the end of the summer swim season with a banquet and awards ceremony. What a fun night to see all the kiddos dressed up, hair combed and not in a blue and yellow swim suit! To say it has been a fun summer of swimming would be an understatement. We really lucked out with the weather this year. Sitting at the pool each morning for 2 hours really wasn't so bad. Seeing all the friends from last summer and making new friends has been so much fun for the boys and I. Cheering on all the kids each week is super exciting. I really love the camaraderie everyone has for the kids who are swimming their little hearts out each week. Last night was the perfect way to end the summer swim season. Can't wait for next summer.
Coach Brian did a fantastic job coaching the MCC Swimmers this year. Our club took first place over all the other clubs.

Ledger and Case with the 6 and under kids.
Brody received a participation trophy and the award for "The Most Polite Swimmer." He was thrilled as were Jeremy and I!
Case received a participation trophy and the "High Point" award for all the 6 and under boys.
Although Ledger didn't swim any of the meets, he practiced with the team EVERY day. He was so happy with his participation trophy.
Brody, Ledger, Case and Katlyn with their trophies.

Brody and his 7 and 8 year old friends. Brody loved having his cousin Aiden on the team this year.

Oh Case and Katy. You two swimmers are so competitive with each other. You could have cared less if you won your heat. All you cared about was beating each other each week. Lucky for Kim and I, you two were on an every other week pattern with who's time was fastest. I was so relieved when you both won the High Point trophy for the 6 and unders.
1 comment:
I have so many comments for each of your posts but I'll limit it to a few. First off thank goodness your back to blogging because I love seeing all the fun your cute family has. Happy Birthday to you & Ledger! I can't believe he's 4, Coop turns 4 in October but sure doesn't act like it! I hope you had a yummy dinner. Wyatt is finishing up his swim season with pre-lims next week & just loves it. I'm glad your boys enjoy it too, how fun it is to see everyone's kids swimming @ the club. I bet you'll have fun together.My favorite memories were going to Flakey Jakes, Swensen's, Ed Debvic's etc. . Have fun at the cabin. :D
Post a Comment