Summer golf has been so fun this year. We really lucked out this year with the June weather. It didn't get too hot until the last week. All 3 boys participated in the program and loved it. The coaches were great and my boys learned a lot.
The Mesa Country Club golfers
Ledger won an award for being the most awesome player. The coaches said he came with a good attitude each day and worked hard. Way to go Ledger!
Brody won an award for "The Most Talented Golfer." The coaches said he has a good swing, and a great attitude. Awesome Brody!
Aiden, Brody and Ledger waiting for the golf ceremony to begin.
Miss B. looking adorable at the golf party.
So you may notice that there is no picture of Case with an award. Sadly enough he didn't get one this year. This was a tough one for me as a mom to swallow. Here's the deal, while I don't think that kids always need to win, they don't always need a trophy or medal at the end of their sport/activity, I do think that coaches need to be more aware of who is really getting the awards within the family. It totally broke my heart leaving the awards ceremony with Brody, Ledger and Katlyn who all won trophies. Case literally cried his eyes out for a good solid hour. I didn't blame him. He showed up EVERY day dressed and ready to go. He listened and followed all the rules. He did super. It was a hard lesson, one that really kinda upset me as a mom. It's silly and dumb I know, but it changed his attitude about the sport. He felt deflated, like he wasn't good at golf. The truth is, Ledger didn't deserve that medal. While he did fantastic for the coaches, he doesn't know the game, he can barely hit the ball. He got the award based on the fact that he is charming and adorable and the youngest player out there. He would have been fine without it. It was hard for us all and I'm glad Case rocked it that night at the swim meet. He really needed it!
1 comment:
That is so sad for Case, thats one thing nice about baseball that they all get trophies. I am sure other sports are like that too.
I am sure you remember telling you about a Pinewood Derby Landon had in another ward. He won first place, and he got a patch and a paper award but the LOOSER got the trophy. Landon took it pretty good but was still dissappointd. I was so mad that we went out and bought him an obnoixiously big trophy. I probably did not teach a very valuable lesson that time but ohwell, the smile that he had on his face when he got the trophy a few weeks later was worth it.
Post a Comment