7/1/11

When the lights go out in Mesa, we head up North



Yesterday as I was packing up the kids, the electricity in our house went out. Apparently their was a transformer fire that put the electricity out in the whole city. I quickly packed up the kiddos and we were outta there. Today we unpacked our things for a month of fun at the cabin. Yes, I am staying a month. I hate the July heat (it was 117 degrees today in Mesa) and want to be able to go outside, so we packed everything we owned and headed up here. Today it was really warm so Katlyn pulled out the slip-n-slide and the kids played in the water for a few minutes. The water was freezing so it didn't last long. It was the perfect way to start the month at the cabin. Bring on the fun!
As a side note, the electricity was out at our house until about 1:00 the next morning.
Glad we weren't there!

1 comment:

Katie said...

The power outage was a crazy experience. Have a great time away from the heat!!