6/26/15

8 Great Days!

For the past 8 days, we have been helping Ledger get ready for his baptism by doing the "8 great days."  On the first night, he got a compass.  We never know which direction life will take us. If we follow the teachings of our Savior Jesus Christ, we will be able to return to our Father In Heaven again. By choosing to be baptized, Ledger is taking the first step necessary to return to our Father In Heaven.
 The Holy Ghost is like a warm blanket because he will comfort you when you need to make hard decisions in your life.
 Today, Ledger got "The 3 bears" gift to help remind him about the baptismal covenants he is about to make. We gave him gummy BEARS to remind him that after he gets baptized, he will BEAR witness to His name (D&C 18:21-25). The Teddy Grahams were a reminder to BEAR one anothers burdens (Mosiah 18:8). The BERRY gum was a reminder to Always BEAR your testimony.
Tonight Ledger received a journal for his "8 great days of baptism." I pulled out my first journal and read to him what I had written about my baptism day. He giggled as did I about the things I had chosen to write about. I explained to him the importance of keeping a record of the good and bad times in his life. I told him how I turn to my journal often to express my thought, both happy and sad. He was eager to write about today but it was late and he needed to get to bed. I hope tomorrow he will wake up and get some thoughts written down. I hope he grows to love writing in his journal like I do!
 This special towel was made by Sugar for Ledger to use on his baptism day.  It is also a reminder to help him always Choose The Right.
. Today we gave him a Baptism Memory Book. He will be able to start recording his thoughts, feeling and testimony in this book. Our hope is that he will always remember this special day and the covenants he will be making.
 Tonight Ledger received a hymn book as part of his "8 Great Days". We talked with him about the importance of music and how listening to good music will help him to feel the spirit. We discussed all the wonderful things we have been taught about the Savior through the primary songs he has learned over the years. I hope that as he grows older he will always remember the power of good music.
On the last "8 Great Days," Ledger got his new quad scriptures from Sugar.  She wrote him a special note inside. He was so excited about getting "real" scriptures like his two big brothers.  I told him that anything and everything he needs to know in life can be found in the scriptures.  If he sincerely prays to know, he can gain a testimony of the scriptures.  

No comments: