Father's Day is not one of my favorite days of the year. I try hard to focus on Jeremy and the primary sharing times I am in charge of each year, but it is still difficult. This year the boys woke up and started making breakfast for Jeremy. I quickly jumped in and we made a yummy breakfast in bed for Jer. Before I knew what was happening, all the kids were in bed with Jeremy eating their breakfast. You can imagine the eggs and syrup that were covering my bed when it was all said and done. After breakfast in bed we headed to church. For some reason I have been in charge of the last 3 or 4 years of Father's Day sharing times. I really am grateful for this because it keeps my mind occupied for a few hours. I have done the same fun lesson each year because it is tradition at this point. After church we headed straight to the cemetery with the kids. It was blasting hot so we didn't stay long. It really is surreal that I spend my Father's Day at the cemetery each year. I wish so badly it was different. Around 4:00 we went over to Missy and Troy's house for a BBQ and swimming. It was fun for the kids to be with their cousins for a few hours and I was happy to have the day over.
Happy Father's Day to Jeremy!
1 comment:
You do such a great job on the Father's Day sharing time, it's an awesome tradition! I had to smile Sunday as I saw the dad's getting ready in the hall way. What a fun thing. I was thinking about you and your dad this weekend. Hugs to you, friend!
Post a Comment