6/8/12

"Don't Worry Mom, I Wore My Best Underwear This time!"

 On Tuesday, Brody went for a 9 year old check up with Doctor James. I really try to get my kiddos a well check each year, just to make sure we are on track and healthy.  This appointment really was a fun one considering Brody is older.  We laughed through the whole appointment.  When we arrived, Nurse Belinda checked Brody's height, weight and ears.  All were ok.  Then she told Brody to take off all his clothes down to his underwear and that Dr. James would be in shortly.  Last time we went to the doctor and the nurse asked Brody to do this, I thought he was going to die!  He looked at me and said, "Are you serious?  I wore my space underwear today." Sure enough he had on a cute pair of boxer briefs that were covered in stars, planets, and asteroids.  This time he came prepared.  When Nurse Belinda left the room he happily tore down his shorts and exclaimed, "Look Mom, I wore my best underwear today."  There they were.  A HUGE oversized pair of baggy boxers.  They almost looked like shorts....under his shorts!  It was hilarious!  We laughed for 10 minutes about this and when the doctor came to check him, it was no big deal at all.  Smart thinking Brody Man!
At 9 and a half years old, Brody weighs 55 lbs (13%)
He is 51.7 inches tall (27%)
Lucky for him, he didn't have to get any shots!

2 comments:

Katie said...

That's funny :)

nevedobson said...

hilarious. i MISS that kid!!