3/13/11

What IS this???

This is Miss B.
She is charming, cute, and ridiculously stylish.
She loves to wear fancy necklaces, have her hair blow dryed and loves to show you her belly button.
She loves fruit snacks, her Binky at night time and juice boxes for lunch.
She however does NOT like her car seat.
This is a problem because I LIVE in my car.
Every time I go to put her in her car seat it is a wrestling match. The kind where I end up with a scratch on my face from razor sharp baby nails getting me. The wrestling match where I am SWEATING to death when I am done because I cannot seem to get her buckled. What is going on? Why the protest? I have NEVER had a baby boy do this? I have NEVER had a baby boy squirm his way out of a car seat while I'm truckin down Val Vista. Why? Why does she hate her car seat? Have I ruined her by letting her ride on my lap to and from church on Sundays? Does she not like leaving the house? I don't get it? The past week I have had to pull over 3 times because she has managed to get out of her car seat. Putting her back in on the side of the road is not pretty folks! It is pure exhaustion. I have tried moving her car seat to a different location in the car. I have tried letting her sit in Ledger's car seat to get a new view. I have tried snacks, drinks, candy, nothing works. She doesn't care what I have to offer. She does not want to go in that car seat OR stay in that car seat. What should I do? Any suggestions?
I have a 5 point harness car seat. Who can get out of that? You're looking at her that's who!!

Oh and don't worry peeps...I did not take these pictures while driving. I was stopped at the light as I was leaving Target.

3 comments:

Libby said...

Oh Miss B-she's Jackson all over again!!! The only thing that ever worked for us was the tv, which you already have and that's not working....how about letting her play with a DS? I am sorry. I feel your pain girlie!

Anne said...

Oh man they love to give us a run for our money don't they? It feels like its always some thing! My only suggestion is to make sure the harness is nice and tight (supposedly you should only be able to slip two fingers under it). Then I would bribe her with a treat or binky or something once she's in until she forgets! Crazy girl! Luckily/unfortunately they grow so fast that she should be through with this soon! :)

Katie said...

I had one that did this too. It was so frustrating! I cannot remeber what finally worked for him. But I do remember pulling over, and the work out it was to get him and keep him buckled!
Good luck, I hope she passes this soon!!