
Case was great at making baskets.

He looooved to dribble and strut across the court. After the game the coaches handed out awards. Case recieved the "Dribble Champion" award. Way to go Case!

Jeremy and I had to split up for most Saturday's since both
Brody and Case's games were at the same time. Below is Case's team, The Rattlesnakes. We didn't know any of the boys on the team except for Calvin Stevenson (second from the left). Case didn't mind a bit. He will make friends with anyone. Coach Lane was great and we really appreciate all his effort and hard work!

Yesterday both Brody and Case finished their basketball season. Although I was a little disappointed with the organization of the league, both boys had great coaches and learned tons. Being a Mom of boys is tough. I am finding that when it comes to sports, you have to expose your kids to all of them in order for them to be able to keep up with the kids they are playing with. Ok, I totally said that wrong. We are not trying to keep up with the other kids. What I mean is that in order for your kids to play on the teams with the other boys, they really have to play each year in different leagues. For example, this was the first year either of my boys have played basketball. Not because they haven't wanted to but because they have been involved in other things such as swim team and golf. It was obvious by the way they played compared to the other kids on their team (especially Brody). The boys on Brody's team have played before. They have attended summer camps through the high school and played in the off seasons. They are good at the game. Brody...not so much. I don't mean that mean, really, it's just that he has never played before. This was his first time EVER to play the sport. I actually kinda felt bad that I hadn't had him play before. The other boys were GOOD. They understood the game. They made baskets, they weren't afraid of the ball. The good thing about Brody is that he is happy, loves new things, he's coach able, and loves the social aspect of playing sports. I like that about him. He's not in it to win the game, he's there to have fun. I guess what worries me is that many of the other boys, and their parents aren't. They are there for the win. They want their kid to be on a team with the BEST of the BEST. It's hard to know whether to teach Brody that he needs to be more aggressive or to let him just have fun. I feel like I know the answer to that but when I'm at these games I have a different opinion. I hate that! All of this brings me to my next point. Are my kids at the age where I should be focusing them more on ONE sport and not exposing them to all the others? Should I be pushing Brody more in swimming since he is GREAT at it, or should I continue to let him try all the others. What is your opinion to all these mind boggling questions?!?!
After the game, the boys pulled out their markers and pens and had each other sign their basketballs.
To celebrate the end of the season, we headed over to the park for Popsicles, cookies and fun. This is the only picture I got.
1 comment:
I honestly don't know how you do it. Having your boys in so many sports. I think as long as your boys are enjoying it, that's all that matters. I do know as they get older, the teams will get more competitive and at that point I think your boys will let you know when and if they are done with certain sports.
Post a Comment