...those are just a few of the names we used to call people who had braces. Well, today Brody got braces and I'm hoping no one dares to call him any of those names. Oh he is beyond thrilled with his new look. He is carrying a mirror in his pocket and strips of wax. Remember when wax was a huge part of surviving your days with braces? He chose light blue and dark blue bands for his braces which look waaaaay cool! He ended up with 6 total braces on the top teeth. Hard to believe that they will be on for a year and that when he is 12 he will have to do it all again!
So here's a funny story. The cute girl who put Brody's braces on started a movie for him. He chose Scooby Doo. During the whole process he was in "Scooby Doo Land." He didn't have a clue what was going on. So she finishes up with him, takes his head set off, takes the super large mouth opener thingy out of his mouth and sits him up in the chair. All of a sudden he starts moaning and freeeeeaaaaaking out yelling, "what is wrong with my teeth?" "What happened?" The cute tech looks at me a little startled and says to him, "Those are the braces you are feeling?" And then with a laugh she says, "Did you think you were coming in for a cleaning?" He could not figure out what had just happened. Jeremy and I were cracking up!
Does this picture frighten you? This was Brody getting prepped for the braces. Now you can see why he is getting them!
Dr. Robison is the best. Jeremy and I went to high school with him and think he is super! His office is AAAAAAmazing and so is the staff. We can't wait to see how he fixes Brody's teeth! Stop by and see him if your thinking about getting Braces. Tell him Brody sent you, he'll hook ya up!
2 comments:
Ooooh my kids are going to be jealous!! They can't wait to get braces on! They haven't even lost any of their top teeth yet and they already just SO excited! Hope they keep that enthusiasm when they're in junior high and sporting metal teeth!
Brody is such a stud - the braces look great!
I remember the good ol' days with braces. My younger brother and I had the WORST teeth. I started my orhtodontic career at age 8, and him at 7. I finally got my braces off at 12, but my brother at 14. Thank goodness for braces- don't even want to picture me without having them!
Post a Comment