Here is the video for all those out of towners who missed this awesome baptism
(oh and you too Libby!)

The baptism boy all ready! He looked adorable! Note to self for the next baptism: Hire Miss Ashley to take pictures! I was so stressed before hand that I forgot to take a picture of Brody by himself! I also forgot to take pictures at my Mom's house after. I am kicking myself today!
Brody and G-Pa. Brody was a little nervous.
He had his arms folded the entire hour before the baptism.

Brody and Jeremy.

Brody with Carsen. These 2 boys have the most stunning blue eyes you will ever see.

G-Pa and uncle Chris all ready for the baptism.

We (I) were just a little crazy before the baptism started.
It's obvious from the terrible pictures!


On Sunday, Brody finally got baptized. He was both excited and nervous about the big day. So were Jeremy and I! We arrived at the church about an hour before the baptism began. I was slightly overwhelmed not only because my Brody was getting baptized, but because I was giving the talk on the Holy Ghost in the chapel before the actual baptisms. I hate talking in front of adults. If I could have excused them, I would have been fine talking to the kids. Brody got baptized with another little boy in our ward named Carsen. We don't know their family very well so I was a little nervous. The truth is, I had so much fun getting to know the Mom. We have so much in common and she could be someone I would love to hang out with and get to know more. Since there were 2 families, it was a little crazy during the actual baptism. It was a full house with standing room only. Since Jeremy is not a member, Brody was baptized by his great grandpa. He was really excited about this but also a little nervous. Since G-Pa was shot down in WWII, he has no feeling in his leg which causes him to use a cane and a brace on his leg. He was nervous about getting in and out of the font without falling. Because of this, we had Uncle Chris put on his baptism clothes and get in the font with G-pa, just in case! G-pa did super and Brody went right down in that water. It was so exciting to watch as his mom. I was overwhelmed with emotions. The other boy was next to get baptized and then instead of staying in the room where we were, we had to move to the chapel because we had so many people there. I was a little bummed about having to move because the chapel is so big and I had set up a table with pictures and programs along with a video. The stake primary girl was so sweet and moved everything to the chapel for us. While we were waiting for the boys to change into their church clothes, we watched the video of both Brody and Carsen. Both boys were then confirmed, Brody by our friend and home teacher Peter Reis, and Carsen by his Dad. Our Bishop said some things about the boys and about the ordinance of baptism. The highlight of the day was when Brody played "Teach Me To Walk In The Light" on the piano in the chapel. We all sang and I cried. How amazing to see your 8 year old playing in the chapel. He did a perfect job. I wish we wouldn't have been running late on time because on the program he was scheduled to play "I Am A Child Of God" also. It was a wonderful day for Brody and for us. His friends and family were there to support him which made him so happy. He was a little bummed that some of them didn't get to watch him get baptized because his friends Jackson, Carlee, Madyson and Tayla all got baptized too. It was hard for everyone to decide whose baptism to watch. Luckily Brody got to watch each of them get baptized since he was the last of the kids. What a special day for each of them. After the baptism we headed over to my Mom's house for dinner. We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, made homemade french fries, beans, pasta salad, spinach salad, fruit and veggies. For dessert my Mom made a Texas Sheet Cake. My sister in law made sugar cookies in the shape of the number 8. We had root beer floats and ice cream sundaes. The food was yummy and it was the perfect way to end the day!


4 comments:
I love the video Linds! Tears is all I have to say! It is absolutely adorable! Your pix turned out great!!!! I am so happy that our boys will forever get to share Feb. 26th together, even though we didn't get to see Brody getting baptized-buuummmmmmeerrr!! I can't believe the big day is over with.
Lindsey- Everything was perfect and Brody looked so cute in his little suit. His piano playing was very impressive, Kenzi asked him if she could take piano lessons from him and he said yes! I love that G-Pa baptized him. All the pictures look great!
Sounds like it was a great day! What a treat that you were able to be a part of his day by giving a talk.
What a wonderful day for you all! Congratualations, Brody!
Post a Comment