...this little monkey will be turning 1!
How did this happen? Where does the time go? Don't I still have this extra baby weight because I JUST gave birth? Doesn't my C-Section scar still annoy me because I JUST had a baby? Isn't my life CRAZY because I JUST added another child to the mix? Apparently time is not standing still and my kids are growing up! I hate when that happens!
So Miss Spunky is 11 months old today and although darling and cute, she is a WILD woman! She is so busy and fast at everything she does. Sunday at church the Relief Society ladies nicknamed her "Turbo Crawler" which is oh so true! She can get from one side of the house to the next in a blink of an eye. Right now she LOVES to throw things, especially FOOD! When she is done eating or doesn't like what I have given her, she throws it as far as possible. Sometimes it is followed by an AWWW-OOOO, other time it is followed by a LOUD scream. Another of her favorite things to do at 11 months.. unload my kitchen cabinets. Half of them have child locks on them from Boy #2, the rest were somehow removed by Boy #1 (who will probably be an engineer someday!) So here comes Miss Spunky, aka Turbo Crawler into the kitchen and fast as lightening, the Tupperware drawer is all over the floor. Or the baby bottle drawer under the microwave is thrown across the family room. It's great fun picking things up...100 TIMES A DAY!! Note to self as I'm typing this, MAKE JEREMY PUT THE NEW CHILD LOCKS ON THE CABINETS THIS WEEKEND!! Have I mentioned that I've NEVER had a baby who liked to pull all the clothes out of the dresser? Well I do now! All those clean, nicely folded clothes that barely get put away each week, they are scattered around the house and thrown in the dirty clothes hamper. It's fun let me tell you! She loves to pull her flowers out of her hair and throw them and she also loves pulling hair right now. I think she has hair envy and is a little jealous that her brothers have such nice hair. Thank goodness I don't have boys with long hair, she would go CRAZY with that! What else...oh, Miss Spunky is standing by herself. She thinks it's hilarious (as do the boys and I) when she takes 2 steps and falls into my lap. We clap and cheer for her which she LOOOOVES! She'll be running in no time, maybe by her 1st birthday!
I love that Miss Spunky is understanding more and more each month. I love when I say, "yeaaaa Miss B" and she starts clapping for herself. I can say to her, "Miss B., kisses!" She opens her little mouth as big as possible and goes right for it. It's more like a make out session then a little kiss but still yummy and fun. When I say, "Miss B. hugs?" she will lay her little head on my shoulder and hug for a second. I crack up when the boys ask her, "Miss B. where's your funny face?" She scrunches her face up and snorts through her nose. Or when Miss Carolyn says, "Time to go to the deep end" and she starts crying, I feel bad, but am so happy she understands.
My most favorite times of the day are when it's nap and bed time. I love taking her into her room, closing the door and feeding her while softly tickling her chubby little cheeks. She literally wraps her body around mine and soaks in every minute of it. It is so fun to see her relax and snuggle. I treasure this time with her the most simply because she doesn't hold still for really anything else! I love watching how excited Miss B. gets when Brody and Case come home from school or when Ledger goes in her room first thing every morning. I love that my boys get in fights every morning about what outfit she is going to wear or what necklace matches best. This little Spunk has been a true blessing in our lives. We love her so much and can't wait to start planning her 1st birthday party.
3 comments:
I can't believe she is going to be ONE!!! She is oh so cute! I can't wait to see what you do for her first birthday....this is a special one!
Aw, so sweet! She has such a fun personality! I'm sympathetic with you on the kitchen cabinet emptying-sounds like my day, too! lol!
I cannot believe how flippin cute she is! Eddie turned 1 at the beg of Aug, it seems like we were both just pregnant at swim team. Hope all is well and she is so CUTE!!!
Post a Comment