Does anyone else out there love the way back to school smells? When I taught First Grade, I loved the beginning of a new school year. While I was nervous about the types of kids that would be in my class and the thought of having to retrain a new bunch of kiddos overwhelmed me, I loved the excitement of getting back into the swing of things. What I loved most was the new school supplies. I love unsharpened pencils with the perfectly shaped erasers. A new box of crayons makes me happy beyond words. Who doesn't love the exactly perfect shape of the crayons when you first open the box? And the smell....nothing better then the smell of starting over, starting fresh. The possibilities are endless and the opportunities for success are unlimited. I love notebooks that have never been opened. I love how each piece of paper is super flat without a wrinkle or crease in it. I love new lunchboxes, backpacks and pencil cases. They smell good and make me HAPPY!
When I took my boys to Target to get their supplies I was in heaven! All that brand new stuff put me over the edge! I wanted it all. The boys went through their lists and got everything they needed for a great school year. Can't wait to go to Meet The Teacher on Tuesday to see all that fresh, unwrinkled bulletin board paper hanging on the walls. Ohhhh and those (hopefully) super clean desks that they teacher cleaned for a new school year. What about those super clean whiteboards and whiteboard markers ready for the teacher to write the class assignments on? I can already smell the new workbooks and paper dictionaries that will be in Brody's second grade desk!
Back To School Supply lists. On the lists: Crayons, Pencils, Erasers, Whiteboard Markers, Pencil Cases, Ziplock Baggies, Paper Towels, Kleenex, Markers, Dixie Cups, Baby Wipes, Hand Sanitizer, Markers, Envelopes, and Glue Sticks. Oh and yes these boys are in their swim suits because Berkley and Ledger are still swimming with Miss Carolyn and they have to come along!
.25 cents for a 24 box of crayons? Unbelievable! How can Crayola even make money off that? Still can't believe this guy is starting Kindergarten?
Does anyone out there like glue sticks? I'm an Elmer's girl. It holds waaaaay better!
By the way...how can I have a second grader this year? Ugggg!
2 comments:
I think the beginning of the school year is what I miss most from teaching. And...glue sticks stink!! Wonder whatever happened to paste? Remember that smell? mmmm. And...rubber cement...I love rubber cement. I think there's something wrong with us teachers.
ha! you just made me realize that i too enjoy a fresh box of sharp crayons. i give emmi a handful out of my intact boxes and she demolishes them...
oh, and lindsey, you did such a wonderful job on your talk today! i loved it. you had me choking up in some parts. sounds like you have an awesome support system at home.
Post a Comment