I am having serious stomach pains these days because of this kid!
Case will be starting Kindergarten on Wednesday and I am sick to my stomach...literally! Do any of you have that one kid in your family that you worry about more then the others? (please say yes!) Well for me it is Case. There are so many reasons I worry about this handsome kid. First off, he is smart. He really is. The problem: He doesn't like to show how smart he is. As a matter of fact, he almost acts dumb (don't call me a mean Mom please!) I'm not trying to be mean but it is true. He purposely asks questions or says things to act like he doesn't know what is going on. I guess that is called not being able to have a serious conversation with him. The truth is, he does know what is going on. He can answer questions, carry on a decent conversation, when HE wants (which is not very often). Case loves to tease and act silly. I worry that he will end up being the class clown because he does inappropriate things at inappropriate times. Second, Case has no attention span for school-like activities. His patience runs out and he shuts down. He gets bored really easily. Now give the kid free time outside and he will spend hours playing and making a mess. Give him a ball and he can throw it like no other. Throw him in the pool and he will swim his little heart out. He is athletic! His gross motor skills are super developed while his fine motor skills are lacking. It's obvious by the way he cuts and holds the pencil. Another worry is Case's rough aggressive personality. While Case can be the most kind hearted, loving, thoughtful kid in the house, he can also be the loudest, toughest, roughest kid. It is so like Case to take a bite out of your shoulder or leg while playing roughly on the ground, or jump on your back while your resting on the floor. Not good when it comes to the other kids at school who like to get rough and wild on the playground! Next, I worry about Case and how he doesn't pay attention. He will listen and follow directions with a teacher who is motivating, fun, structured and consistent. Without these things, Case is a mess! (I can tell you first hand that with the unstructured craziness of our house these past 2 weeks, he has been in more trouble then ever!) What I love about Case is that he wants to learn. He wants to do good and make good choices. He is SUPER excited to go to Kindergarten because he want to go to P.E. and the playground. He wants to learn to read and do math. He want to be just like Brody. He is excited to take the bus (eventually) and make new friends. I hope that his new teacher will love him and appreciate his funny little personality like I do. I hope she will work to bring out the best in him and treat him kindly. I hope he will love school this year so that each year after he will look forward to going back after the summer break.
Look at this cute kid. Today he got to meet his teacher and see his new classroom. He was super excited that he got to stay at school for 30 minutes without me to read a story and have a snack with his teacher and new friends. Of course when we got in the car and I asked him about it, his response was, "I didn't like it!" "We didn't do anything." "Was that Mrs. Hebting?" "I don't know what story we read." "That's all." I'm telling you...this kid can't be serious to save his life! He drives me crazy!!
Case is waaaay too cool to stand right next to his new teacher. He was super embarrassed when I asked if I could get a picture of him with her!
Watch out Mrs. Hebting! They look cute but....!
1 comment:
Both my middle children baffle me. Jacob is super smart too, but lacks holding still and paying attention. Mrs. Kopp seems excited to have him so I am hoping a change of teachers will be what he needs to take off. I hope Mrs. Hebting is good for Case. I am sure she will adore him, I don't know why she didnt care for Jacob.
Post a Comment