My 2 blue eyed boys with their brown eyed brother.
This week Brody and Case started taking the bus to and from school. I was a little hesitant about letting them do this so early in the year, but after much begging, I caved and decided to let them. Let me tell you, it has been AWESOME! First and foremost, having the boys taking the bus saves me a good hour and a half of drive time each day. Although we live super close to the school, I would have to leave extra early to find a place to park, unload all 4 kids, get 2 of them to their playgrounds, while making sure the other 2 aren't wandering off. The parking lot at their school is a mess which is a whole other story so often I spend a half hour circling the parking lot trying to find the closest spot to park. As if the above reasons aren't good enough, I now have 2 little brown eyed cuties who get to take their WHOLE nap each afternoon! I don't have to wake them up anymore, dress them AGAIN, and load them in the HOT car. I simply leave them sleeping while I walk to the corner to get my 2 blue eyed cuties. It's perfect and oh so convenient! I do feel bad when my 2 blue eyed boys step off the bus and their little faces are BEAT RED and they have beads of sweat covering their noses. I have told them time and time again that I am happy to pick them up, but they loooove the bus! Oh and another bonus to the bus, Brody's little 5th grade bus buddy helps him with his homework on the ride home. Do you know how wonderful it is to just check his homework instead of arguing with him about when he's gonna do it? It's AWESOME!!
Look at how big our stop is. There are about 15-20 kids each day at our stop. Our neighborhood is full of kids which makes riding the bus that more fun!
So last week after Miss B., Ledger and I walked the boys to the bus stop, we get home and Ledger says, "Mom, Brody and Case have blue eyes and they go to school. Miss B. and I have brown eyes and we get to stay home with you!" "I love that I get to stay home with you, he says." And boy do I love that I get to stay home with my brown eyed cutie pies! What else could I ask for? It's perfect!
2 comments:
I was most freaked out about the kids riding the bus. What if there are bullies? What if they learn bad words from the big kids? What if they are hot and tired and just want to be home?
But Matt basically forced me to let them ride the bus. At their school, you have to pick up the kindergarteners at their door so that would have been pretty annoying waking Wyatt up from his nap, & eventually the baby, and parking and going inside to both rooms to track down kids and then all four, soon five, of us going back out to the car and me trying to make sure no one gets hit by a car. It just sounded a little too exciting for me and I'm amazed you did it for a week and a half!!
I think the bus is the favorite part of my kids day! And instead of being crazy frustrated when I pick them up, I get to sit at my front window and I actually get excited when I see the bus pull up! I'm glad your kids are having such a fun time too!
Yeah! Sounds like they're having a great time. The bus is so nice. We've had our problems with it, but for the most part, we love it, Mom and Kid! :)
Post a Comment