5/21/09

Hooray for the last day!!

This was Brody on his first day of Kindergarten.  August 2008.

Here he is on the last day of Kindergarten.  May 2009.  
Doesn't he look so much more grown up?

Brody received a class award today for "The Best Personality!"  We couldn't agree more!  We are so proud of him and are looking forward to watching him grow some more! 



Did I mentioned how excited I am that today was the last day of Kindergarten for Brody?  The guilt and frustration I have felt this year are unbelieveable!  The things that Brody has and has not learned this year have been unimaginable!  I am so happy it's over!!  I'm ready to have him home with me, learning and working on more important things in life!  Away from his "friends" is what I most look forward too!  I'm giving his school one more year since we got the teacher we requested but after that, we are on the something else!  If 1st grade goes anything like Kindergarten did...that's it!  I'm hoping, praying and confident that 1st grade will be better for him (and I!) The best part about this year is that I've learned alot about schools, teachers, principals, and peers.  I've learned that Brody has been 100 times happier the second half of school then he was the first. I've learned that teachers have very different teaching styles and that I need to find the teacher whose style works with his personality and mine!!  I'm happy it's over and I'm looking forward to a wild, crazy, hot summer with my boys at HOME!    
Hooray for the last day!!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Yeah for summer! Ok seriously I will give you a little hope because Tanner's kinder year was horrible! I have never shed so many tears. But 1st grade has been awesome. We switched schools and he got an amazing teacher that really gave Tanner the confidence that he needed! So I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

The Gerard Family said...

What a change of how much he has grown up just from the first day of school..I have the exact same picture of Austyn and WOW they do change in a year!!! Glad he is doing so well....we miss seeing you guys at swimming...have a good summer!!

Unknown said...

Yea for Brody!! I'm sorry you had such a ruff year. We've had some doozies over the years too. The past two years Zach has gotten a new teacher that doesn't know how the school he goes to works. I just hope that next year he gets a seasoned one. Yea for Summertime!!!

Sara said...

Best Personality! Awesome. Max got "Class Clown" in her class. Wo is me...I'm sure next year will be great. You have to stay put. It's fun to see you around.