5/27/09

Chicken StirFry and Watermelon

I know, I know...you should never let kids play with knives. But Mom's, it's the best way to get your boys in the kitchen helping!!  Just let them use knives!!! Case did a super job cutting the green onions for our dinner.

Brody is a master carrot peeler!  Those carrots came right out of my garden...just kidding!

These 3 cuties couldn't get enough of the watermelon I cut up today.  Yummy!


Last night the boys helped me make chicken stirfry for dinner.  It turned out so yummy!  Now that I know how good these boys are at measuring, cutting and peeling, they may have to help with dinner everynight!  What did you have for dinner last night?

3 comments:

Leah said...

Kai always begs to help out in the kitchen and I always "shoo" him away. Well, for Mother's Day Matt let him help make scrambled eggs and he enjoyed it so much. He was so proud of what he'd made. I found actually letting him help instead of shooing him away makes it so much nicer. He's not nagging me, and it's so fulfilling for him!

What did we have for dinner last night? They had hot dogs with watermelon and Sun Chips. I had the same thing but a hot ham and cheese sandwich rather than the hotdog. Not much for him to do with the food, but Kai enjoyed getting the dishes out!

Leslie said...

Oh man now I am craving stir fry!! Good thing I havn't left to the grocery store yet!!

Jacob is my little helper in the kitchen. Although they all love to help, but I tend to shoo them off half the time. I still hesitate to let them use knives but they measure and stir.

Last night we had Wendy's Hamburgers...I know..barf!!

Airan said...

I love to let Kelson help me cook! He just gets so excited when I let him pour or add an ingredient! He also likes to sit on the counter! lol! Last night, he didn't get to help, but we had steak! YUM!