My friend Ashley posted a challenge on her Blog a few weeks ago about choosing a word to live by for the new year. I have been thinking long and hard about my word for 2009. Many words have come to mind as I've thought about the perfect word for me. I wanted a word that would help me as a wife and mother. A word that would remind me to be happy and to live life to the fullest. So after much contemplation I have come up with my word. Drum roll please...
Play:
1. to occupy oneself in amusement, sport or other recreation
2. to act in jest or sport
3. to deal or behave carelessly or indifferently
I like this word because I often forget to live by this word. I get so wrapped up in the day to day junk that I forget to play! All you mom's out there know what I'm talking about. We are so worried about the house being clean, dinner being made, laundry getting done, homework, errands, etc.etc.etc. that we forget what's most important. We'll not any more. I'm going
to work hard this new year to
Play! This will be hard for me as an organized, overachieving, list making Mom. This will require me to throw the daily grind to the wind and enjoy
life. I'm up for the challenge and I'm ready to Play!
What's your word going to be?
1 comment:
That is such a good idea. I think I will find my own word! I loved your skiing post. You guys are such good parents. Your boys are lucky!
Post a Comment