1/28/09

Our Kind Deed Snowman!

Our Kind Deed Snowman!

Here are some of the snowballs we used to make our Kind Deed Snowman.  You can see that really any kind of love, kindness, sharing, or happy attitude deserved a snowball!

Are these the faces of three kind boys?

Last week for FHE we talked about the importance of being kind to each other.  We learned that there are many examples in the scriptures of kindness and love toward others.  We also talked about times when it is not so easy to be kind to others...especially our own brothers.  We decided that as a family we would try for 1 week to be kind to each other as well as to those around us.  To make sure we were all being kind, we would write our kind deeds on snowballs and then make a snowman out of our kind deed snowballs!

Although I didn't take a lot of time to make the snowman accessories super cute, I think she turned out great!  It was fun to see how involved the boys were and how hard they worked to be kind and helpful.  They would do something kind and then say, "Mom, don't you think we should write that on a snowball?"  I love a kind house and helpful nice boys!  
How have you showed kindness today?


7 comments:

Kristy Treible said...

That is such a cute idea Linds! I am going to steal that idea and do it at our house. Speaking of FHE...I tried to do that this Monday but it didn't feel right doing it without one of the main members of the family...he was BOWLING!

Leslie said...

That is a cute idea!! I may just have to use it!!

Lindsey Wood-Felstead said...

We have our FHE on Tuesday nights!

Meg said...

Hey, Lindsey! Fun to find your blog.

Such a great FHE idea. Looks like fun!

(Oh, and it you want to check out our blog-send me an email to megches@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite (it's set to private).

The Gerard Family said...

Cute idea Lindsey!!! No doubt in my mind that your boys are kind!! They are always so sweet and seem to be such good kind listeners!! You should be very proud of yourself!!

Shannon said...

That is such a cute idea, I love it!

Ashley Harris said...

Hi Lindsey!! I saw your comment on Leslie's blog - your blog is so adorable! I love this post and your snowman, you are such a great mom! That is such a good idea to help promote peace in your family without lecturing all the time.