1/25/09

A Much Needed Day Off...For Mom!

Sugar, Ledger, Hunter, Brody, Case and Katlyn after climbing 
Hole In The Rock

Brody at Hole In The Rock

Case made it to the top!

Ledger and Sugar

O.K. all you Mom's out there.  Have you ever had one of those days?   You know the ones.  The house is a mess.  The kids are fighting.  Everyone's crying. The teasing and tormenting going on between the kids is about to make you loose it. Three kids have spilled their drinks at different times throughout the day.  The house is getting messier.  The kids are whipping each other with the new Indiana Jones whips.  You are trying to get something accomplished but someone needs help going to the bathroom.  Someone needs a diaper changed.  Everyone is still crying!!! You get the picture!  Well yesterday was that day.  It started off great but quickly got BAD!  I was tired.  Boy 1, 2 and 3 were tired.  Dad was busy trying to sell a house.  Mom had had it!!!  Have any of you ever wanted to walk out the front door and leave the craziness inside?  Yesterday I did!  I wanted to walk out the front door and not come back (I know, I know how could I? Admit it Mom's we've all been there!)  Well, thanks to Sugar, I got the day off today. Last night my mom came by at 7:00 and kid 1 was dead asleep in bed.  Kid 2 was bawling his eyes out in his bed cause Mom put him down without a story.  Kid 3 was eating in the highchair cause he had just got out of time out and missed dinner. I think she could feel my frustration.  So after 8:00 church this morning I got a text from her asking if she could take the boys to lunch and to the zoo.  Forget that it's Sunday...they are all yours Sugar! So thanks Mom for giving me a much needed day off!  I needed this badly!

5 comments:

Kristy Treible said...

ok, can I just say that your mom is the cutest little thing ever! I have a picture of her on the bull at HC's party and she is so cute and seems like the best sugar ever! I am glad you got a break today you deserve it.

Leslie said...

I was a little confused because I thought that was you in the picture for a minute. I could tell something was different but until I read your post 2 times, it didnt sink in that, that was your mom!! She is too cute!!

Glad you got a break!! It's always nice to have just MOM time!!

Sara said...

Sounds kinda like everyday,huh? How nice of Sandy to relieve you. Can I hire her?

Unknown said...

I agree with Sarah, that's most days around here too. Maybe we can form a club for mommies that are going Nuts!! I'm glad Sugar got to help you out. Anytime you want to go to the Zoo call me!!! Until then we'll all keep the sanity if not for us we'll do it for our hubby's !

shannoncrandall6 said...

Oh how nice is your mom! I think we all need breaks! I remember when I quit working to stay home with Sydnee my Dad told me that being a mom is the hardest most unselfish job you could have. I really had no idea what I was in for. I love my kids and I love that I get to stay home with them, but yes it is so HARD sometimes! Just wait until a couple of them are in school all day. It is so sad to watch them grow, but it has made me a little more sane to get a break from all the teasing and fighting! And I just read your post on your ring! I was dying. I am so glad you found that!