
It's not like I needed to be reminded...but today I was! I feel so lucky right now! I haven't been able to find my diamond wedding ring for the past four days. I have two places I keep it...it wasn't in either. I knew the last time I had it was Saturday night when we went out for H.C.'s 30th birthday. I knew this because I have pictures of me dancing at Cadillac Ranch with it on my little finger. I have torn the house apart. I have accused my kids. I have pulled sheets off beds, checked garbage cans, toilets, and sinks. I have prayed and prayed and prayed to find it! Well, today my prayers were answered. As a last ditch effort, I decided to check the not one, but two black barrels that the garbage man normally picks up TODAY! I armed myself with a mask and extra garbage sacks and went to town digging through the garbage. Besides never wanting to be a waitress, I never want to be a garbage woman! It is so gross! Besides the smell of week old poopy diapers, the leakage and rotten food are enough to make me want to throw up! In the first garbage sack I found a spoon that belongs to my silverware. SCORE...but not really want I was wanting to find! In the second garbage sack I didn't find any real treasure, but I did realize how much food I throw away! Then low and behold under the hot dogs, cheesy potatoes and squash, left over from Sunday's dinner, was my diamond ring! Am I so lucky? There I was surrounded by my own disgusting garbage bawling my eyes out holding my diamond ring! I feel so thankful that my prayers were answered and that I now have my mustard coated wedding ring back on my finger!
So...have any of you ever lost something valuable or meaningful?
5 comments:
Hey Lindsey!! I am so glad you found your ring...that is so scary, I have done it a time or two myself.
And of course you can add me to your list..and I will do the same if that is okay with you. I love to get to know others threw blogs!!
OMG!! I am dying right now I can just see you diggin through your trash! I am so glad you found it. That is scary that you were that close to losing it.
All I can say is a big fat WOW! That is an amazing story. Don't you just love the spirit?
LINDS! I can't BELIEVE this story! That is NOT luck! That is a blessing for sure from above!
SO SO GLAD that you were able to find it! WOW.
Wow...you are a lucky girl! Yeah, I did lose something once. I lost a husband once and funny thing is...like you, I found him with garbage!! Ha
Post a Comment