1/1/15

Happy New Year!

 New Year's Eve was spent at the cabin. The countdown started at 1:00 with fun and games for everyone.  
 Berkley was the youngest of the group this year so she got to pop the first balloon.  
 Can you say KARAOKE?!?!
 This turned out to be the best thing ever.  The kids had a ball singing and rocking out to their favorite songs. The boys sang boy songs...
 and the girls sang girl songs.  What is it with kids and a microphone.  Suddenly they turn into rock stars!
 Speaking of rock stars…Kim, Erika and I rocked "Let It Go" with our girls!
 Charades was played somewhere in the day/night and that was a huge hit too.
For the past few years, we have been having the kids fill out a form that recaps their year.  We pulled them out this year and laughed so hard we wanted to cry.  We then had the kids fill out new ones and then we filed them away for next year.  it is so fun to see how the kids grow and change each year.
 Frosting sugar cookies was a huge hit today also.  As you can see, we had to choose countdown activities that were indoors this year.  It was beyond freezing cold and we couldn't even go outside!
 The highlight of the night had to be the balloon popping oh and the glow in the dark balloon scavenger hunt.  These kids loooove balloons.  They provide hours and hours of entertainment!
Who knew?!?!
 The poppers are always fun along with the late night (around 10:00) fireworks in the backyard!
 Around 10:00 we count down with New York and then it's off to bed we go.  
 We had a great New Years and our time at the cabin was much needed.  I have had so much on my mind while here and I am grateful for this place away from home.  I hope 2015 brings happiness and joy to my little family.  I hope that we can all be a little kinder and more respectful to one another.  I hope that my kid who is struggling right now will find a way to be happy and see the good in life.  I hope that the thoughts in my head will settle down and I will find a way to make things happen. That I will make a positive impact. I hope the grouchy member of my family will find a way to be happy and not be so negative all the time.  I hope most of all that we will all be healthy and happy this year.  That we will find joy in the journey.

No comments: