This week was election week at the school. Brody decided he wanted to run for Vice President and Case opted out of running. Brody went with the Geico commercial theme…you know the one right? His poster was hilarious and his speech was even better.
Today Jeremy and I headed over to the school to listen to Brody's speech. Brody was hoping his friend Drew Shumway was going to win the office of president and that he was going to win VP.
There were 3 kids running for VP, Brody and 2 girls. One thing you should know about elections at this school is that you cannot have any props, music, nothing. You can only get up and say your 1 minute thing and you are done. Here is how Brody's speech went:
"My name is Brody Felstead and I am running for the office of Vice President."
From the audience Jeremy says, "Yo BRODY…BRO BRO BRO" (like the commercial)
Then I say, "GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS?"
And Brody responds, "ELECTION DAY!" (please tell me you have seen the commercial?)
Ands finishes with, "So vote Brody Felstead for VP and I'll be as happy as a camel on hump day!"
It was HILARIOUS! And Brody won! We had a great time this week, like we always do, coming up with funny ideas for these elections. Because you cannot use props, you really have to be creative in what and how you say your speech. I am so proud of Brody for always wanting to run for student council office. This kid is the best!

No comments:
Post a Comment