Today, Jeremy and I met at the preschool to watch Miss B. in her first ever Halloween parade. This has always been a fun thing for us as we have watched each of our boys participate in the Halloween parade 2 and 3 times each. Miss B. however, was not wanting to cooperate for her 1st parade. The problem....her dumb, I mean darling Rupunzel wig. The thing is heavy. It doesn't fit her head. It drags on the ground. I've used bobby pins to hold the thing on her head. They pull her hair. I've hot glued a head band inside the wig to help it stay on her little head. It slides right off. I don't know what else to do. To make a long story short, she didn't end up wearing the wig to her parade today. It's not that I cared except, she looked like a rag muffin from me trying to get the wig on her head. To make matters worse, this little girl is just not the princess type. Case in point....as her teacher Miss Jody was walking the kids out of the school, Miss B., who is holding up the end of the line, exclaims, "MOOOOOM...I'VE GOT BOOGER NOSE!" Serious Miss B.? Where are your manners? I have learned a good lesson this Halloween. My little princess is no princess at all. She is an athlete, she is loud, she is boisterous, she needs to be moving at all times. It's a good thing...just not when you are dressed in a princess costume! Next year, I think this little lady is going to be something much more simple, like a swimmer (swim suit is all she will need), or a ballet dancer (black leotard and tights). No more costumes with purses, wands, and a wig that weighs waaaaay to much for a three year old.
Here comes the parade.
Oh goodness! Look at this princess. She is a mess. At least Jordan was there to help her through it. You look beautiful Jordan!
Do you see how the princess is trying to do ninja turtle moves? Lesson learned!
Here comes the parade.
Oh goodness! Look at this princess. She is a mess. At least Jordan was there to help her through it. You look beautiful Jordan!
Do you see how the princess is trying to do ninja turtle moves? Lesson learned!


No comments:
Post a Comment