10/18/12

An Even Bigger Fall Break Surprise!

 Thursday morning we woke up super early again and headed back to Disneyland.  It was rainy and cold which we were hoping would mean less crowds.  Although it wasn't quite as crowded as the day before, it was still waaaay more crowded then we had hoped for.
 Since we knew it was going to rain on Thursday, we brought ponchos for each of us.  Luckily, the rain only lasted for the first hour or so of the day.

SURPRISE!!!
The highlight of the day was meeting up with Cory, Libby, Jackson, Jefferson and Jordan.  These kids had so much fun riding the rides with with their buddies.  It made the lines less miserable to have friends to hang with while waiting. Since Libby is a Disneyland pro, we were able to learn the in's and out's of how to get more rides in when it is crowded. The girl is good!
 While the boys were riding the "scary" rides, Miss B. and I went searching for the princesses...something we have NEVER done before!  You should have seen me waiting in these lines.  I have NO IDEA who the princesses are.  We would be waiting for an hour and as we would get closer to the front of the line I would ask the nice mom behind me, "Now what is this princesses name?" It was hilarious! Here we are meeting Tinkerbell.  Miss B. was sooooo excited as we waited in line for and hour.  When it was finally our turn, she got shy and clingy.  I was so mad!  She wouldn't even look at Tinkerbell and had a death grip on me the whole time.  Little stinker!
She was all smiles as we met Snow White and Princess Aurora.
 This picture makes me giddy!  I NEVER thought I would be doing the princess thing at Disneyland.  I will tell ya...the whole princess thing can get a little out of hand.  Take for example the hour plus line we waited in to meet the Tangled princess that DID NOT MOVE THE ENTIRE HOUR! I wish I could say I was patient and waited...but I didn't.  Next time right?
 Trying to get through the crowds with a double stroller and a single stroller is not easy!
Ledger loved having Jordan at Disneyland.
 Case was all smiles with Jefferson!  These 2 boys are just cute together! They especially loved "It's A Small World".... NOT!
 Everything around Disneyland was decorated for Halloween.  Like the good parents we are, we made our kids go in the Haunted Mansion.  They were terrified.  When we finally got out, Berkley was crying and saying, "Can you take me some place happy now?"
 Loved being at Disneyland with good friends.
 Ledger loved the Toy Story ride.  The line was so long and slow but it was worth the wait!
SURPRISE!!
Another highlight of the day was meeting up with Case's friend Matix.  They had run into each other the day before at Soaring Over California.  His mom and I text each other and met up after dinner on Thursday night.  These 3 boys were in heaven playing and riding rides together.  I loved watching them together but felt so much guilt that I have pulled Case from these boys at his old school and put him in a new environment.  I hope he understands why and I hope he continues to be friends with these boys forever.
This was the last ride of the night.  When the park closed at 9:00 we headed to the hotel shuttle and quickly crashed in bed when we got back.  Disneyland is exhausting but oh so fun!

1 comment:

Libby said...

We had so much fun with you guys! I don't think my kids are going to ever want to back there with just us! I love all the pix you took. I think if I were Miss B I would have been a little weirded out by Tinkerbell's friend too :)