5/28/12

Hooray For Summer!

I honestly thought this past week would never end.  It was non stop craziness and I am happy to say we all survived.  I can't believe that the school year is already over.  It went by waaaaay to fast.  These boys of mine have grown and learned so much.  For the most part it was a good year.  Brody loved attending Mrs. Bells reading class each day and Mrs. Kazmi's math class.  He learned lots about being a friend and making good choices.  His favorite time of day was the bus ride to and from school along with reading and AR.  
This kid is just funny these days.  He is way to cool for school but loves his friends, P.E. and riding the bus.  He became an amazing reader this year and a mathematician.  This kid is so smart and thoughtful.  I am so proud of him and relieved this year is over!
Ledger actually finished school this year on the same day as his brothers.  He had a fun water day at school along with popsicles.  What a fun way to end the school year. This boy is smart. He is reading so well and has great penmanship.  He loves doing math facts with his big brothers.    
I don't really think his brain ever stops.
To see what the kiddos looked like on the first day of school, click here.
Case's teacher called about a week before school got out and asked if I would throw an end of the year pirate party.  I quickly called Libby and Thelissa and we had the party of the year.  The kids rotated stations for about an hour and 15 minutes and then we had doughnuts and juice before heading home.  Here is Case doing, "Walk The Plank."
"Man Overboard" was a huge hit!
So was "Cannonball Blast."
After the CRAZY first grade party, I quickly headed home and set up for a surprise attack on the kids as they got off the bus.  I set out 25 cans of silly string along with 25 super shooter water guns.  I attacked the kids as they got off the bus which turned into a super awesome water fight. By time it was over, we were all drenched.
Brody was soaked.  Thank goodness it was a hot hot May afternoon.  
My hope is that this summer I will be able to enjoy some time with my kids having fun and relaxing. I hope we can get back on track with behavior, chores and attitude.  Sometimes it seems like they become different kids when I send them off to school.  I hope after some time at home they will feel safe, happy and loved.  I am happy to get them away from their friends and have them to myself. Here's to summer!

2 comments:

nevedobson said...

HA! love the water attack on the kids when they got off the bus! you are such a fun mom. your kids are SOOO lucky to have you and i agree, everyone should be nice and helpful to mom EVERYDAY. mother's day, schmother's day. we'll probably keep con back from kinergarten too, since he's a june birthday. it'll be way more of a bummer when all his friends in his grade are dating and driving than right now. he'll make new friends. kids are resilient! your mother's day celebration at the point sounded absolutely fabulous.

MISS YOU!

Ashley Harris said...

You are seriously one of the best moms I know. I don't know how you do it all. I am constantly amazed by your dedication to your loved ones and all the fun ways you show your love for them. You make me want to be so much better. :)