5/22/12

The American Crocodile and a Debate


 Holy Cow!!! Is anyone else out there ready for the school year to be over?  It has been one thing after another around here.  Last week I was able to attend Brody's group presentation on the American Crocodile.  He gave a great speech with his team and made a really nice poster to show facts about the American Crocodile.  Then 2 days later I attended his Debate on whether or not dogs should be euthanized.  It was a very interesting debate to say the least. Brody was on the negative side sighting that stray dogs should be put to sleep because the can carry rabies and also harm people.  He was very straight forward with his ideas and oddly enough, his team ended up winning the debate.  The ELP teacher stated that the affirmative team repeatedly ignored the issue brought up about rabies and disease.  Apparently he wanted them to argue that rabies and disease were not really an issue and that dogs should not be put down for any reason. It was really fun to watch and I'm glad I was able to attend.
Way to go Brody on a fun and informative week.
Brody was in a group with Ryan Campos, Mason Kotlof and Troy Bryant.
They did a great job presenting.

1 comment:

Katie said...

They did do a great job! Yes, I am so ready for this year to be over. Bring on summer :)