5/29/12

First Day Of Summer...Not Exactly What I Was Hoping

Today was our first official day of summer.  I have been looking forward to summer for weeks now.  I was ready to "get my kids back," if that even makes any sense.  I was ready to be on less of a schedule and have more fun as a family.  I was ready to be done with homework, projects, AR, and end of the school year garbage.  I have to say that our first day of summer was not what I was hoping for. Ledger threw a huge "Ledger fit" at swim team while Brody laughed and mocked him in the pool.  Speaking of Brody, he was literally a pain in the neck all day.  He teased, tormented, and drove everyone crazy all day. I'm not kidding when I say that these boys were out of control and mean all day today.  As I sat at Miss Carolyn's today and chatted with Heather, we both commented on how we remember this from last year.  We remember that it takes time and adjusting for the family to learn how to be with each other all day, everyday.  It is a big adjustment to go from the evening time together to all day together.  My hope is that we will adjust quickly and have the fun summer I was hoping for.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I agree. It takes them time to get used to having so much time on their hands and being around each other all day. But then...it's so wonderful! :)

Sara said...

My goal each summer is to keep one child from sending another child to the hospital. If we get to August with no ER visits...SUCCESS!!