10/31/11

Parade Time!


Today I was able to watch Case participate in his second Halloween school parade. I'm telling you what...this kid is a funny one. He has been so hesitant about dressing up this year. I don't know what it is, but he thinks it's no longer the "cool" thing to do. After convincing him that dressing up is what you do for Halloween, he chose the same ninja costume as his big brother, Brody. Great, costume problem solved. Here comes parade day and Case is stressing all morning about wearing the costume to school. He is worried that non of the other kids will be dressed up or that one of the older kids on the bus will make fun of his costume. He is asking what he should do if one of the older kids says something mean about his costume when he is parading around the school. He is just worried all morning about this parade. I give him the, "do we really care what others say about us" talk that my Mom gave me a hundred times as a young girl and teenager, and sent him out the door to the bus. As we approach the bus, I notice Case is holding his ninja mask instead of wearing it. I try to convince him to put the thing on but he doesn't want to. I ask him to put it in his backpack, but he is too busy stressing that not everyone at the bus stop has a costume. I arrive at the school ready to see my little ninja in the parade and here he comes...mask missing, leg guards and stings gone. As he walks past me I ask, "Case...where is your mask?" With the cutest dang smile he shrugs his shoulders up and says , with a giggle, "I don't know." I look at him and laugh because he could care less that some of the costume is missing. Why should I? The parade finished and I go to his classroom to take what's left of the ninja costume home with me before he looses any more. I am puzzled about the ninja mask so I go to the office and ask the secretary. No luck. I try both lost and founds. No luck there either. As I'm pulling out of the school parking lot, in pulls the bus Case rides each morning. SCORE! I flag down bus driver Lloyd and search the bus. No ninja mask on the bus. By then I'm done searching of the mask and head home. At 1:15 I arrive in Case's class to help with the party and there is Case with a big old grin on his face. "I found my ninja mask Mom, " he tells me. "It was in the bush by where I line up with my class." I am not kidding when I tell you that I think this kid is purposely trying to loose his ninja costume before we trick-or-treat tonight.
Mrs. Hunt's First Grade Class
Some of the cute first grade kiddos.
Lady bug B was there to watch Case parade around the school.
So was spider man!
Brody was there too but apparently 3rd graders are too old to participate in the Halloween parade. Sad!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Ok I love that boy! He, Hayden and Matix are so cute at lunch and funny... Such a group of fun little boys!