Can I just say how proud I am of Brody. Today he was able to perform his piano recital song, "Trumpet Tune," in front of the whole school at the school talent show. When he told me he wanted to try out I was a little nervous. He had just found out that he didn't test into the ELP program for next year and he was super upset. I worried that if he didn't make the talent show, this would be another blow to him. I signed the consent form and and hoped for the best. The music teacher held 2 tryouts. The first day was for music and singing numbers. The second day was for dance, gymnastic and miscellaneous numbers. The day of his tryouts, I loaded all the kids in the car and headed down to the school to wish him luck. I literally almost passed out when I saw all the kids who were there to try out. It was honestly half the school. The multi-purpose room was packed and I could hardly find my 8 year old amongst all the fifth and sixth graders. When I finally found him I think he was a little relieved to see me/us. The music teacher asked all the kids who were going to play an instrument to meet in the music room. We all headed in there and waited. Luckily, Brody was not to far down the list for tryouts. He got up there and played that song just like he has so many times before. I was a proud mama. We left following his tryout thanks to a wandering Miss B. and hungry Ledger. And then we waited to hear back. I was nervous. So Friday rolled around and Brody calmly mentioned that he had made the talent show. I was so happy for him. He needed this. The talent show was scheduled for the last day of school. Lucky for Jeremy, Ledger, Miss B. and I, Brody was about number 10 out of what seemed like 40 on the list of performers. He walked calmly up to that piano and played his little heart out. He didn't play it as great as he did during his tryout (he may have been a little nervous) but he still did fantastic. My heart was beaming for him! I was so proud of him for wanting to do this. I was proud that he had the confidence and courage to try something like this. It was a great way to end the school year.
No comments:
Post a Comment