5/20/11

Kindergarten Graduation


Today I was able to attend Case's Kindergarten Graduation. It was a tear jerker to say the least. From the minute Case walked in to the classroom with that graduation music playing, to the minute he received his diploma, I was all teary eyed. This year has just flown by and I can't believe this kid will be in First Grade next year. His experience this year has been great and I am amazed and proud of all he has learned. I worry deeply about this kid. He is all boy and sometimes the decisions he makes are not so great. He is a hard boy to get to know, but once you do, you are in love. He is kind and considerate and thoughtful and sweet, but he will make you work for it all. Case will make you earn his trust. He is not going to charm you when you first meet him like my other boys. He is a different kid. I worry about him next year. I worry about who's class to put him in. I worry he will not show his teacher how truly smart and capable he is. I worry his teacher will not understand him and love him the way I do. I worry about him not being able to keep up academically. He is a smart boy, but you will have to pull it out of him. I worry and wonder.
Hanging on the bulletin board was this piece of writing. It says,
"In kindergarten I learned how to do subtraction."
I love this kindergarten graduate. Jeremy missed the graduation because he was stuck in a meeting. Case was so sad and even leaned over to me and said, "Where's Dad?" He is a daddy's boy!
Case with his friends Austin and Chase
Case and Jefferson...Best Buds!
Thank you Mrs. Hebting for a great school year!
Case next to Lucy Blackhurst and Matix Cooklin.
Last week we received a note home explaining all the details of graduation. One of the rules was that we were only able to invite immediate family. I quickly called Mrs. Hebting and asked her if I could trade my immediate family for the grandma and Jim. After all, 6 of us versus 4 of us would be a lot better right? She said that would be fine and so my Mom and Jim were able to attend. So happy they could be there! Sorry Brody, Ledger and Miss B.

No comments: