6/12/10

A Blue Night!

Brody and his blue ribbon for the breaststroke relay.
Case and his blue ribbon for the breaststroke relay.




Thursday night, Mesa Country Club hosted the backstroke race and breaststroke relays.  Brody and Case competed in each bringing home blue ribbons in their relays and a second place ribbon in the individual backstroke for Brody and a third place ribbon for Case.  I will say that the competition is tough this year in the summer league.  Now that Brody swims in the 7 year age group and Case in the 6 and under, it is a lot harder and more competitive for them both. Case was one of 52 6 and under boys, and Brody one of 15  7 year old boys.  Poor Brody. The 7 year olds he is swimming against are waaaaay taller and bigger then he is.  He hasn't hit a growth spurt yet.  He placed 10th overall in his age group and Case was like 25th in his.  Neither got medals, which they were a little disappointed about, but a trip to El Charro with Nanny and Papa made up for it! The highlight of the night happened when we were leaving.  Case walks up with a Gatorade and says, "Look what I got Mom."  "Where did you get that Case?" I asked him.  "From the snack bar Mom.  I just told them my last name was Wood" (my Mom's last name and whose name and number we use to get drinks and snacks at the snack bar.) A little upset with him I say, "CAAAAASE, your last name is not Wood!" With the most shocked and confused look he says, "It's NOT?!" I calm down a little and tell him, "No Case, your last name is Felstead, remember?" Still confused, he looks at me like he doesn't know what to do.  I start to tell him to take it back to the snack bar lady (I'm not paying $3.00 for a Gatorade!) when I notice he has already ripped the label off the bottle.  I lecture him long and hard about the whole thing and tell him never to go to the snack bar without me knowing about it!  Little twerp!  He just doesn't get it!  Now you know why I worry about him going to Kindergarten! On a side note to this whole story, we were driving to swim team practice the next morning and Brody says to Case, "Case, did you really think your name was Case Wood Wood? (His MIDDLE name IS Wood.) Again...a blank, puzzled look on his face! Oh this kid!  What to do?  What to do?
There is that streamline that Brody has been working on all week!
Go Case! GO!

No comments: