6/17/10

9 Months

Really?  Could I possibly have a baby that is 9 months old?  Apparently time is not stopping but flying by!  WOW!  Little Miss Berkley continues to melt my heart with her huge happy smile and shiny, who knows what color they are, eyes!  She crawls everywhere and is into EVERYTHING!  She spends most of her time chasing me around the house which leads to pure frustration and crying.  It must become overwhelming to follow someone around all day only to have them move to another area before you can even get to them.  Poor thing. Half the time 
I lug her around on my hip getting nothing done! One thing she is having fun with right now is pulling herself up to everything.  She is so steady when she stands which makes me think she will be walking faster then any of my boys did.  I say bring it on.  She is getting way too dirty and scuffed up crawling all over the ground at the pool.  It's gross and unsanitary.  I say bring on the walking stage!  Her latest trick is when she reaches her arms up in the air when she wants you to pick her up.  It's funny cause she does it all day long! My poor fourth baby though.  She gets dragged from one hot swim team practice, golf lesson, swimming lesson, after another.  She spends lots of time getting in and out of my hot car.  It's not fun...for her or I!  She is a trooper though. She cat naps in her car seat when possible and takes a huge nap around 1:30 when we finally make it home.  She loves going for little dips in the pool at the club and Miss Carolyn's.  She is a water lover like the rest of my kiddos. She isn't really liking table food yet which will be a problem when she visits Dr. James next week.  I've tried giving her eggs and even beans from El Charro.  Neither went over too well. I guess I'm lucky that she loves all her baby food.  I just hope she's not a picky texture eater like me.  We'll see what happens over the next month.  No new teeth to report on yet, but she has learned how to use those sharp bottom teeth to bite.  Boy can she bite!  She just puts her head down and gets ya.  OUCH!    She still makes that funny scrunchy nosed face when you say to her, "Berkley, where's your funny face?" It makes us all laugh.  Her brothers continue to be the highlight of her days.  They play "Peek-A-Boo" with her along with hiding her under their blankies and letting her try to find her way out.  The boys think this is hilarious and she thinks it's pretty funny too!  They love her so much!  I still can't believe this little lady is mine.  She is yummy and wiggly and busy and MINE!  I love and adore her every day.  I love when I walk into her room each morning and she stands up in her crib with her binky in her mouth and starts bouncing up and down blowing air from her nose because she is so happy to see me. I am giddy with excitement when I see her face each morning.  I am in love all over.  What a great feeling!

Who is that is my dishwasher?
Sorry Berkley.  You are not old enough for a Capri-Sun yet!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Oh it goes too fast! Miss B is so fun and I absolutely love the last picture in the swimming suit- she's adorable!

Libby said...

Oh if you could only see the excitement in Jordan's eyes right now. She's yelling out Berkley's name too. Goodie-another little girl who likes to play in the dishwasher and the fridge. Uh oh!