I realize how weird this post is. My sister Ashley will tell you that this day, for some strange reason, makes me sad! It's the day when I wake up to find that the clamped off belly button cord has fallen off my baby sometime during the night. Why you ask does this make me sad? I somehow feel like when this happens, my baby is no longer a BABY. I know it sounds weird. I will still be getting up 3 to 4 times to feed this little baby during the night. I will still be changing a BABY diaper half a dozen times during the day. I will still be changing a spit up, formula drenched onesie two times or so before bath time. I will still have to leave my blog 5 times to put a binkie in my babies mouth so she will stop crying and fall asleep. It's weird, I know. She is 13 days old today and her belly button is gone. I guess now she will enjoy a warm bath in the tub instead of on the countertop!!
What do you all do with the belly button when it falls off? Do you toss it? Keep it? Scrapbook it? I'd love to hear what you do!!
5 comments:
My opinion...toss it!
Hey- are going to come to the bead party tomorrow? I totally understand if you are not up to it...you do have a 13 day old baby! Give her lots of hugs from us, I didn't even get to hold her the other day because there was so much going on! :(
Kelly saved Kelson's and I was grossed out! I think we still have it somewhere though... Kailen's fell off in a onesies somewhere and went through the wash and was really really gross after that so it got tossed!
I have saved the clamps but not the cord itself...that kind of grosses me out. I think your funny because they day the cord falls off I usualy celebrate.
BTW she has a cute tummy!!
I have all 3 of my kiddos. Is that gross? Probably, but oh well. Case cracked me up today. They had so much fun.
oh my gosh Lindsey! She is beautiful! What a doll!
Being the nostalgic, sentimental girl that I am, Paisley's is sitting on on top of her changing table and has been since it fell off. (gross, I know) I keep thinking that I need to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING, with it but I need an idea cause I can't let it go!
Post a Comment