9/2/09

"Mom, do you have to go to jail?"

This is what Case asked me today as I was getting pulled over for speeding.  It was so matter of fact and right to the point.  "No Case," I answered in an angry voice, "But I'm probably going to get ANOTHER ticket!"  I say another because this will be the second ticket I've gotten in 6 days.  You heard it right...2 tickets in 6 days.  This is just how it works for me.  I don't just get ONE ticket, go to traffic school and call it good.  No, I usually get 3 tickets at a time. 
I wish the cop who pulled me over today was as cute as these two officers!

I don't think I look very good in black and white stripes!  

On Friday I got photo radar ed (is this even a word?) turning left on Scottsdale and Shea.  I was in the left turn lane when the light changed.  It was red by time I turned but I had no choice.  I couldn't stay in the middle of the road.  Today I was flat out speeding home from swim lessons trying to get to my house before Brody got off the bus (dang early release day!!) You would think the cop would have some sympathy for me.  After all I am 9 months pregnant!! No such luck!  This same thing happened to me last time I was getting ready to have a baby.  Three weeks before giving birth to Ledger, I got pulled over 3 times and received 4 tickets.  One got dismissed (couldn't find my insurance card at the time),  one I went to school for, and the others I paid for.  I don't know what my problem is.  Well, actually I do know what my problem is.  It's called being PREGNANT!  I'm exhausted, overwhelmed, swollen, tired and completely in over my head at this point.  My mind is all over the place thinking about all I need to do before this baby comes.  I swear, you would think I'm getting ready to die.  I'm going insane cleaning, washing, moving bedrooms, cleaning some more.  I'm beyond nesting here folks!  I'm CRAZY!  I can't help it.  I  know what happens after I have a baby.  I am sleepy, overwhelmed, and flat out of my mind!  I don't get much done which is why I feel like I have to do it now!  It doesn't explain the reason for my speeding but all you other CRAZY mom's out there can relate...I hope!  I have 2 weeks before I have this baby, and all I can hope is that this is the last of the tickets.  

5 comments:

onehm said...

OH darn it! That just stinks!!
So sorry.

Leah said...

Oh, sorry Lindsay :(

I hope that photo radar ticket never amounts to anything. Matt had the exact same situation happen in a left turn lane. The light turned red and he was in the middle of the intersection. He HAD to go! Unfortunately he wasn't able to get out of that ticket. He talked to the judge about it. Not only did he have to pay for the ticket, but they treat "red light runners" like criminals. He had to go to a special driving class that they send people with DUI's. It was pretty lame. If you do really get the ticket, try to fight it. Maybe a judge will have more sympathy for a cute little blond pregnant lady! On a positive note ... Matt had one taken on the 101 a few months back and nothing ever happened.

Ashley Harris said...

Stupid Mesa cops :)

Oh, I can SO relate! I was driving Matt and everyone else crazy with all of my 'nesting.' You gotta do it though - once the baby comes it is just all over.

Airan said...

Such a bummer! You and I need to start a club! I don't get multiple tickets in a row, but I'm the queen of SPEEDING! I just want to go FAST!

Like Leah said, hopefully it won't amount to anything. If it does, I've been to the class Leah talked about. It's called Traffic Survival School. I went because I was REALLY speeding once and was sited for 'Wreckless Driving' and 'Criminal Speeding'. The class was a requirement at $45 and I had to pay my fines on top of that! It was full of people with DUI's and Red Light Runners!

I think 98% of us mothers out there are just like you! It's a natural thing to 'nest'! You right, if you don't do it now, it's not going to get done for MONTHS!

Best of luck with your speeding! SLOW DOWN! LET FRIENDS AND FAMILY HELP WHERE YOU NEED IT!

Seriously! If you ever need me to watch your boys, we would LOVE to have them over!

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, we could do a newborn bracelet, really tiny, with a smaller "boo".