7/30/09

"Mom, do I look like a teenager in this shirt?"



What am I going to do with this kid?  He's cute, smart, funny...he's driving me crazy!!  The whole time we were in California, Case was on the hunt for a green shirt.  Jeremy got a green shirt before we left and Case thought it was so cool.  He wanted one just like it.  He's 4!!  What 4 year old boy cares what color shirt he wears?  What 4 year old boy wants to pick out his own outfit each day simply because he's in the mood for a certain shoe?  What boy gets the whole outfit on and asks, "Mom, do I look like a teenager in this shirt?" I guess this boy!  The boy who I have always felt was a teenager stuck in a small body.  Mr. Independent.  The boy who even as a baby wasn't happy being cuddled, kissed, sung to. This boy can't wait to be big, grown up, able to make his own decisions.  Until that time, what's a Mom to do?  It's  good think he's so cute!!!

2 comments:

Kristy Treible said...

How funny! Tyla is totally the same way! She is independent and once she wants something she will not let it go until she has it, but she has no clue what a teenager is! He does look older in this picture though.

Leslie said...

That is funny!! Jacob is the same way kind of. He hates shirts with buttons like polo's and button down shirts. Doesn't like pants and won't wear shorts if they are tan or kacki because they are for girls. You can guess what it is like on Sunday Mornings...he doesnt mind going to church but hates church/dress clothes. My older two boys could care less but Jacob he is pretty picky!!