
Happy 4th of July!

Ledger had so much fun swinging at the 4th of July carnival.

Brody, Case and Ledger each won a liter of Black Cherry soda for tossing the ring onto the bottle. They were so excited!

Here we are leaving the carnival. We had a fun 4th of July!
I Love the 4th of July! It's one of my favorite holidays. I don't know if it's the red, white and blue, the green grass and smell of BBQ's or the neighborhood parades. It could be the fireworks and carnivals or even the fact that it's my Dad's birthday. As a child the 4th was always more to me then celebrating our Independence. It was a day to celebrate my Dad. I always thought he was so lucky to be born on the 4th of July cause he got to have fireworks and carnivals at every birthday. Forget the big parties, he had the world celebrating with him! My Dad told us stories from his Mom about the night he was born and how the doctor in Safford, AZ was drunk the night he delivered him. My grandpa, my Dad's Dad, ended up having to deliver him!! Can you mom's out there imagine showing up to the hospital in labor only to be greeted by a drunk doctor on the 4th of July? Oh how I'm happy we don't live in Safford AZ!! My Dad would have been 61 years old today. I wish we were celebrating with him today!
We celebrated the 4th of July up here in the cool mountains. I love being up here on the 4th cause it reminds me of the small town celebrations. The people here decorate their porches and lawns along with their golf carts and cars. We headed up to White Mountain Country Club for the carnival and dinner. The boys had a ball playing the games and winning the little prizes. The weather was awesome and it was a fun day for us all! We're skipping out on the Show Low fireworks tonight as we always do. The boys would rather play at Sugar's cabin anyhow! Hope you all had a great time celebrating your Independence and the blessings we share by living in this great Country!
5 comments:
I'm glad you all are having so much fun. I'm jealous! Of course it was hotter than heck here! Enjoy the rest of your time there!
How fun! Your little baby belly is so dang cute! When I was younger, we had a friend that had a cabin up in the White Mountain Summer Homes and I just LOVED going up there! So jealous! Glad to hear your boys had a blast!
I love the picture of all of you! Looks like tons of fun and I can't even imagine how much fun the boys are having just playing at Sugars cabin!
SOunds like you guys are having so much fun and what a great 4th of July! Enjoy the weather! Seriously it is miserable here, oh how I need a pool!
I had forgotten that the 4th was your dad's bday. Makes it extra special!! Don't you just love having a place to go up north to get out of the heat?!
Post a Comment