12/5/08

Buds


Brody just finished his first week at his new school and he couldn't be happier.  The playground aide said to me yestersday morning as Brody was attacked by 8 little boys on the playground, "It's too bad Brody's had such a hard time making friends at his new school." I laughed and told her how happy it makes me to see everyone being so kind to him.  She then told me that her and the other recess aide talked yesterday and decided that they need to keep a close eye on Brody because his friends are borderline stalking him!  It's so fun for me as the mom to watch the excitement of his friends when he arrives at school each day.  Although it sometimes overwhelms him, I think Brody is pretty happy about all the attention!  

One of the reasons Brody has enjoyed his new school so much is because of this big guy, his buddy Jackson.  Brody and Jackson were born a week apart and have been buddy's since starting and graduating preschool together.  Jackson is so sweet and fun to play with.  Although he towers over Brody in his weight and height, these two boys have lots in common.  They both love Star Wars, video games, transformers, and playing outside.  They have been in the same swim class and hopefully they will be on the same T-ball team in the spring.  Although they are not in the same Kindergarten class this year, I know these 2 boys will be friends for years to come!  Thanks Jackson for being a great friend to Brody!  
You rock dude!

P.S.  Does anyone know why my whole post is underlined?  I don't!

2 comments:

Libby said...

What a sweet post Lindsey!!!! I love the picture. I might have to copy that and stick it on mine. Thanks to Brody Jackson has played on the playground before 3 times now. Yeah!! We saw Brody's teacher tonight at The Piper. Jackson was pretty excited about it. Have a fun weekend.

Libby said...

I'm glad that you just told me about that. Pretty funny. I just asked Jackson if he has ever heard kids saying bad words-luckily his answer was no. Maybe we should just taking turns home schooling these 2. Ha!

Here is the conversation that Brody and I shared in the car on Friday. Me: "Brody, do you like your new school?" Him: "Yeah, I like it better than my old one. My legs like it too because I don't have to sit as much in the car. It's closer to home. Oh, my other school has 4 recesses and my new school only has 3, but now I get a snack. I like that." Me: "Oh, that's good. Do you like your teacher?" Him:"Yeah. Her name is Mrs. Olivas because "she leaves us." Get it?" Me:"Have you met some new friends?" Him: "Yeah, they all surround me in a big circle and then they chase me."