5/23/13

School's Out!

 I cannot believe it is the last day of school.  This year has been the fastest school year by far!  These kids have not only learned a ton this year, but they have made some great friends and had a little bit of fun....as much fun as you can have at FAB.  Ledger has had a great year of learning and progress.  Putting him in kindergarten this year was the best thing ever for him.  This kid needs to be challenged at all times.  His brain never stops, not at night, not at 2:00 in the morning, not ever.  Putting him at a school like FAB has been good for him and his brain.  He has started sleeping better because he is mentally exhausted when he gets home and he is happier because he is learning. His temper tantrums and outbursts have gone down tremendously.  I hope that this decision to start him early will be ok as he gets older.  This boy is just happy and kind.  He has lots of friends and loves to play and be apart of what is going on.  He is a good kid, and oh so smart!
 Brody has done well at his new school.  I'm not gonna lie, it was VERY difficult at the beginning.  The academics were easy for him, but socially he struggled.  He came from a school that was comfortable with friends that had been in his class since kindergarten.  He was comfortable at his old school and Brody is very happy with comfort (just like his mama).  I have to say though, as difficult as the transition was, I would do the same thing again.  This boy excelled at FAB and had a teacher who was fun, loud, and totally ADHD!  It was just what Brody needed.  I realize how weird that sounds but Ms. Karr was exciting EVERY day.  Brody met some really great friends and has really had to learn to jump in on the playground when the other boys were playing sports.  All in all, it has been a great year for Brody! This boy is smart and loves to learn.  He is a great kid.
 This little lady LOVES preschool.  If Miss Jody had preschool every day, all day, this girl would be there.  This year Miss B. has learned to write her name and my name.  She is eager to spell and write.  Miss B. loves her friends at school and has had fun playing "doctor" each week.  On the last day of school, she attended "water day" which she thought was super fun!  I am happy she will be going back to Miss Jody next year.  
 As you may have noticed, there are no pictures of Case on his last day of school.  Poor Case was crying all morning because he couldn't find his, "School's Out" t-shirt like his brothers were wearing.  We searched and searched the house all morning but it was no where to be found.  The poor boy cried his eyes out until it was time for him to get in the car with Pete to go to school.  It was a sad way to end the school year.  Case has had an amazing year of second grade.  His teacher, Mrs. Spencer was the best thing to happen to Case.  She adored him and thought he was the smartest and kindest boy she had ever taught (that's how she made us all feel anyway).  We felt so lucky to get Mrs. Spencer this year.  She was an answer to our prayers.  Case has done extremely well this year.  He has made some really great friends who have been over to play several times this year.  I am so happy for Case and his willingness to jump in on a basketball, kickball or football game with any boy who is playing.  Case had a great year of second grade.
I have been so excited for the end of the school year but a little sad.  This is really the first time I have felt like this.  In the past, I was more then ready to move on and to have my kids back home for the summer. I have always viewed the summer as a time to get them back to the kind, sweet boys I know they are, without the influence of friends or negative teachers.  This year, although I am excited to have them home, I am a little sad that these boys will not have the amazing teachers they had this year again.  It has been bitter sweet thinking about moving on from these teachers.  They have all made a huge impact in my boys lives.  I am grateful!  I worry about next year.  There is a HORRIBLE first grade teacher that I fear Ledger may get.  I have not heard very good things about a particular third and fifth grade teacher either.  I guess when there are 5 teachers per grade, my chances are slim of getting any of these teachers but I still worry.  My hope is that we will get three more amazing teachers again next year.  I am praying!
Did I mention that Brody has become a HUGE tease.  He is making us all crazy with his teasing and goofiness.
 The last day of school is always crazy.  This year was even more crazy then before because school got out at 1:25.  After I dropped Miss B. off at school this morning, I headed over to the school to see if any of the teachers needed help.  I then made a run to Taco Bell for Brody and Case and then to McDonalds for Ledger.  Ledger's class was having a pizza party and he does NOT like pizza.  Luckily he was able to enjoy McDonalds.  While the class was eating lunch, I was able to make popcorn for everyone with the huge movie theatre popper.  The kids loved it and Ledger was thrilled that I was able to be there.
 Next I headed over to Case's classroom to help with his class party and to make popcorn.  I love that this boys is in second grade and he still runs up to me when I walk in the classroom to give me a hug.  He was beyond excited that I was there today.  For his party we played, pin the lips on Mrs. Spencer, find the bubble gum in a bowl of whip cream, and a ring toss game that the other parent helper brought in.  We also bought beach balls for the kids to sign and take home.  They thought that was super fun.  Case has some really great friends in his class.  Hopefully next year he will continue to make friends and do well.  He is a smart, kind boy.

After school today, I didn't plan a water balloon, squirt gun attack on the kids as they got off the bus like I did last year.  This year, the boys each brought a friend home.  Ledger got to go to his friend John's house which was a first.  He was so giddy with excitement he could hardly stand it.  The other boys played and had a ball all afternoon.  It really was a great last day of school.  

No comments: