5/30/13

Red Lipstick And Lots Of Glitter Spray!


I seriously cannot believe that Miss B. is going to be in her first dance recital  tonight. I am excited and a bit nervous.  We went to a dress rehearsal on Tuesday and she did great.  She thought the "crying girl" looked silly. Let's hope she remembers "crying girl" tonight when she is on stage.  The dance world is a whole new ballgame for us boy family.  I am amazed at all that goes on in dance.  I must have forgotten.  We received a PACKET of instructions on how her hair, make-up, costume and lips should look.  Red lipstick is the only color allowed and it is VERY highly recommended for pictures, rehearsal and the performance. Luckily I have a great friend and neighbor who has been thorough and is still going through all of this dance craziness and she bought me the perfect red lipstick at Target. The stuff stayed on Miss B.'s lips for an entire 24 hour period.  That included a shower!   It was hilarious.  Did you know that there is glitter hairspray now?  I sure didn't.  All the girls had it in their hair at the rehearsal.  I acted like I knew what the stuff was and that we had run out that morning.  I quickly called my hair girl Chrissy to find out where to find glitter hairspray.  Who knew? Dance is so much more complicated then getting ready for a flag football game or even a baseball game.  I haven't decided how I feel about it all.  I guess we will see after tonight. Jeremy says its not to late to sign her up for softball.  I'm starting to think that's an excellent idea!  Good luck tonight little lady.  
Can't wait to see you "Rock-A-Hula!"

No comments: