4/3/13

We're Going To The Zoo Zoo Zoo

 Today I had the opportunity to go with Ledger and his class on a field trip to the zoo.  This boy was so excited he could hardly handle himself.  I'm not really sure if he was more excited for the first ever bus ride, or the actual zoo. 
 The buses were over an hour late so by time they came, he was ready!
 Can you see how exciting a bus ride can be for a 5 year old?
 I was in charge of these 4 boys.  They were so nice and did a great job at the zoo.
 I have learned from past experience that on field trips, all  kids want to do is arrive at their destination and EAT!  I was prepared this year with snacks and water to share.  So I'm happily feeding the kids as we look at the animals when my cell phone rings.  It is Ledger's teacher.  She informs me that one of the kids in my group has severe allergies and she has his epi-pen in case he has any issues.  WHAT!?!? I start panicking about the snacks I have been feeding this boy.  No way am I going to shove an epi-pen in some poor kids leg because he stops breathing.  I start asking the parents around me if they know anything about allergies.  Luckily one of the mom assures me that the snacks I have been feeding this boy are "peanut free."  Thank goodness cause that could have been bad!
 Ledger was our guide at the zoo.
 The boys and the rhino.
 The orangutans were a HUGE hit!
The Komoto Dragon was just creepy!
I had so much fun with Ledger and his friends today on the field trip.  I loved holding hands with him as we walked, I loved sitting with him on the bus, and I loved eating lunch with him in the hot sun.  

No comments: