4/21/13

Being 8 Is GREAT!

 After several emotional and exhausting weeks, Case was baptized today by his home teacher Pete Reis.  He was so excited for this day as were Jeremy and I.  There were so many funny and not so funny things that happened today so bear with me as I try to record all the details.
Mr. Fashion guy was a little nervous about wearing the white jumper today.  I think he looks adorable! 
 We love you Case and are so proud of you!
 Proud great grandparents.
 Although Jeremy was not able to baptize Case (because he is not a member), he did sit up front with him during the opening part of the baptism and was there to help with changing and getting ready before and after. We were thrilled that Case wanted our friend and neighbor Pete to baptize him.
Proud, anxious, nervous, and exhausted parents.
A couple things I wanted to mention about the baptism.  Ledger gave the opening prayer today and did a super job.  My favorite line in his prayer, "Please bless that Case will feel the Holy Ghost after he gets DUNKED." You could hear quiet laughter throughout the room after he said that. Case requested that all the boys in attendance sing, "A Young Man Prepared." It was so cute seeing them all up there singing.  Brody was going to play, "I Am A Child Of God" today, however about 30 minutes before we were walking out the door, he grabbed the barrel of my extremely hot curling iron and burned the heck out of his hand. Our sweet neighbor Madi ended up playing instead.  I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost.  I really tried to relate it to Case and his love for sports however, I was not as prepared as I should have been and it didn't come across how I was hoping.  Lesson learned! Jeremy gave the closing prayer and did a great job.  He is good at touching on all the important things.  Not sure why he doesn't get nervous up there like I do! It was a great day for Case and our family.  I have to say, it has been an emotional and exhausting few weeks getting ready for this day.  There have been days when the spirit in our home has been overwhelming strong and other days where is has been eerily absent.  My hope is that through it all, Case was able to feel the spirit and learn about the important covenants he made today and that he will always remember them.
 After the baptism, we headed over to Sugar's house for dinner and swimming.
 I seriously had so much fun getting ready for this dinner.  I wish however, that I would have done better at getting pictures of it all.  Jeremy made huge pictures of Case to put around the house.  They looked so cute and I didn't get one picture! Miss Ashley, if you are reading this, please remind me in 2 years to hire you to take pictures during the baptism and dinner! A huge thanks to cousin Sarah for the pinwheel fan idea.  It was cute seeing a picture of Case each year for the last 8 years.
 No Felstead party would be complete without a candy station.  Case chose Gummy Bears, Kit Kat, Twix, Flavored Tootsie Rolls, Hot Tamales, Ring Pops, and Giant Pixie Stix.
Since the focus of the party was Case, I had framed pictures of him EVERYWHERE!
His name looked so cute hanging over Sugar's fireplace. Of course there were "8's" all over since its great to be 8!
My mom had sugar cookies shaped like "8's" made for dessert.  There was also chocolate chip cookies, snicker doodles, carrot cake, and a special request of homemade banana and chocolate pie from Sugar.  We could have just skipped dinner and had dessert and nothing else!
Sarah, Nicole and Grandma Fran
Aunt Michel and Blake
The kids swam all afternoon.  So grateful to Giles and Stradlings for coming for dinner.  
 Nate, Case, Jefferson, Jackson, Anna, Brody and Ledger
Case is lucky to have so many friends and family that love and support him.  I hope this will always be a day he remembers. A huge thanks to my mom for all her help and for letting us crash her house once again! Love you mom!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Looks like such a FUN party! Glad he had a great day!!