8/12/12

My Back To School Date With Ledger


After piano lessons early this morning and then haircuts, Ledger and I headed out for our Back To School Date.  I give my kids the choice for where they want to go for lunch.  Ledger chose "Old McDonalds" aka McDonalds...under one condition...we eat INSIDE.  So I have a confession to make.  My kids have never eaten INSIDE a McDonalds.  We've been through the drive through several times in our lives but have never eaten inside the so called restaurant.  Let me just say...the boy was in HEAVEN!  He ate his nuggets and downed his chocolate milk and then headed off to play in the air conditioned play area.  Pure bliss!  Why haven't I done this sooner?  Oh wait...cause it smelled like poopy diapers in there and was horribly dirty and disgusting! After our lunch experience, we headed off to the mall and got some darling clothes for the first day of school.  We had a great time together.  Here is a small tid bit of our conversation on the way home from shopping.

L.  Mom?  When I get older, can we still go on dates together?
M.  Of course Ledger!  
L.  Can we get married after we go on our date?  
M.  Well, no cause I'm already married to dad?
L.  What does that mean?
M.  Well, I can only be married to one person at a time.  If I were to marry you, Dad and I would have to get a divorce?
L.  What is a divorce Mom?
M.  It's when a mom and dad decide they don't want to be married any more.
L.  Hmmmmm...no I don't want that. I'll find someone else to marry.
Ledger wanted "green" shirts today since that's his favorite color!

No comments: