4/16/12

1-800

The little lady is obsessed with answering the phone.  Often times she answers it and I have no idea that someone was calling.  Case in point...a month or so ago, my friend Heather called to talk to me about the preschool carpool.  I must have been taking out the trash or throwing a load of laundry in the machine.  She carried on a full conversation with Heather until I walked into the family room to hear her talking to someone.  It was Heather, they had been talking for several minutes. Today, we got ANOTHER solicitor call.  Why is it that we have our names on the, "Do Not Call" list but they keep calling? In my opinion, 
1-800 calls are the perfect chance to let the little lady answer the phone. Here is how it went:

B:  Hello, this is Berk-Uh-ley.
Silence
B:  "I'm doing good."
Silence
Silence
Silence
Silence
B:  "What's your name?"
Silence
B:  "Here's my mom."

I get on the phone and hear:
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP, they hung up.
Apparently solicitors don't want to talk to 2 year olds!

2 comments:

nevedobson said...

Hilarious! You should have her answer that phone from now on and screen the calls.

Kristy Treible said...

Hahaha! That is awesome! My kids grab my phoone any chance they get. They call people and text them too!