2/15/12

Valentine's Day 2012


I love Valentine's Day. Mostly because I love my 4 little Valentine's.  Today was filled with parties, parties, and more parties. I adore this Valentine Ledger made for us.  On the back side it reads, 
"I love my family because they lay in bed with me."
Oh and there were a few love letters taped to bedroom doors from a mystery person.
After school we headed to the cemetery to decorate Grandpa Harvey's headstone.  Because it was the coldest, windiest day of the year, the boys stayed in the car while Miss B. and I added some decorative touches!
 Then it was off to the older side of the cemetery for the dedication of a new headstone for Francis Martin Pomeroy, one of the founders of Mesa, and his 3 wives.  Yep, you heard me right, my great, great, great, great. (oh who knows how many greats there are) grandfather had 3 wives (polygamy at it's best)  We got tho hear about each of the wives and what they went through during their lives.  These women were amazing!  I can't imagine going through what they did and living how they did. Then we were supposed to hear about Francis Martin Pomeroy, but due to rain and lightening, we had to cut the ceremony short and call it a day.  
 Love that I got to spend Valentine's Day with family.
 My kids were in awe of the headstones.  They were so old.  
Uncle Pat, Grandma and Grandpa worked hard to put the event together. 
 Presley and Nicole trying to stay warm.
 Aunt Michel, Aiden, Anna, and Uncle Chris
Grandma, Sugar and Brody.
 Cute Cave.
 The headstone. You may be wondering why Valentine's Day was chosen as the day to dedicate a headstone.  Well, 100 years ago today, Arizona was founded.  There you have it!
 Not only did Francis Martin get a headstone, each of his wives got one also.
 
After the cemetery, we headed over to Sugar's house for dinner.  The kids looooved spending Valentine's Day with their cousins, but mostly they loooooved...
 hanging out in the jacuzzi.
 And crazy Brody liked going from the hot jacuzzi to the freeeeeezing cold pool.
Hope your Valentine's Day was a memorable one!

1 comment:

Ashley Harris said...

My kids keep begging to swim in our pool and I keep telling them they are crazy! I'm gonna make sure they don't see this pic of Brody!

Looks like a fun day. I cracked up at that picture of Ledger sitting on a headstone!