12/25/11

He Came!! He Came!!


The big guy showed up at our house last night. I have to say I was a little surprised. It has been a year of growing and learning and finding independence. It has not necessarily been our best year for behavior. But I'm not giving up and we are going to work extra hard this year to improve. We did have a fun and relaxing day playing with the things Santa brought and are so happy we survived the big day.
Christmas stockings have always been my favorite part of Christmas morning. I love all the little goodies and the orange in the toe of the stocking.
Santa brought Miss B. a vanity. It is so cute!
On Christmas morning we make our kids come in our room and wait for us to get up. This year, Brody and Case were the first to wake up at 7:15. They came and woke us up and said they would be playing in the closet until 8:15. Ledger came stumbling into our room at about 8:00. After Jer and I finally rolled out of bed, we went out to the family room to turn the tree lights and garland on. We went and got Miss B. out of her crib and brought her in our room to join the boys. The kids were bursting with excitement and could hardly wait to see what Santa brought them.
This year the boys got Legos, Nerf Dart Guns, and Spy Gear.
Brody is a Lego maniac. He was in Heaven Christmas morning.
Ledger is just in love with every gift. This boy is always excited about the smallest of things.
Jeremy and Miss B. had fun playing with all the goodies Santa left in the vanity.
The highlight of the morning were the electric scooters.
Ledger had a hard time balancing the scooter by himself so Jeremy had to help him.
Case jumped right on and did fancy tricks up and down the street.
Brody loved his new scooter. He was racing the other boys down the street all morning.
Miss B. even got in on the action.
Another highlight of the morning were the roller blades. Ledger especially liked the roller skates Santa brought.
All Miss B. wanted for Christmas was a baby and a candy cane. Lucky for her she got both. She spent most of Christmas Day blow drying the baby's hair.
Later in the morning, Cave and Presley came over to open gifts with Sugar. Cave mostly ate all the paper scraps off the ground.
Presley got Pete the Parrot who repeats everything you say.

By time the day was over, we were exhausted. I spent the afternoon packing for the cabin and trying to clean up. I had to laugh at Brody tonight. He was in tears as we went to bed cause he didn't get to do anything fun today. When I started laughing at him and asked what he wanted to do, he said that all he wanted to do was play. Hmmmm...I think someone was a little delirious! Hope you all had a great Christmas Sunday!

No comments: