7/16/11

Hiking Sunrise


Today we took the kiddos to Sunrise to go on a hike. We rode up the chairlift and then walked down to the bottom. When we got to the bottom, we jumped back on the chairlift and then rode up and down. It was so fun and the kids did pretty good considering it took us an hour to walk down. The weather was beautiful, cloudy and overcast. After our hike, we drove to Greer and ate lunch at Rendezvous Diner. It was good but you should see the town of Greer. It is burnt to nothing due to the Willow Fire. The fire literally came up the the highway. It is a sad sight! What a fun way to spend a Saturday at the cabin. What did you do today?
Even Miss B. got to ride the chair lift. How do you like my hubby's new haircut? He showed up yesterday with this new buzz cut. I swear I can't leave the guy alone for 2 seconds!!
Ledger and I were snugly close on the chair lift.
One of the reasons we went on this hike today was so Brody could earn his "Hiking" belt loop for Cub Scouts. One thing I do love about Scouts is that it gives us lots of ideas of fun things we should be doing. On any other Saturday, we would have just hung out at the cabin. Going on a hike was a good opportunity to get out in the cool mountain air.
Poor Case. He kept slipping on the rocks and falling down. His little knees are so scraped up. By the end he was in tears and Jeremy was giving him a piggy back ride.
Ledger spent a good part of the hike on Jeremy's shoulders. He hung in there though and made it down with us all.
Miss B. rode the chair lift about 4 times with Jim while we were hiking down.
She was in heaven!
The boys were so excited when they saw this trail called "Sugar."
I love that it's a "green run" slow, easy and plain FUN, just like Sugar!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You guys have the most fun!! We had Wyatt's baptism today, so that's what we did today. I love that Cubs gives you great ideas too. I'm Cub Comm. Chair now. Fun times, it's inevitable when you have boys! :)