12/12/10

Why? Why? Why?


Why do I torture myself each year with trying to get family Christmas pictures at the last minute?  Every year I tell myself to start earlier, make sure the kids have clothes/shoes that fit, make sure my roots aren't black and that I have the perfect spot picked out.  But every year around the second week in December I start to panic and then stress that I haven't sent out my Christmas cards.  Why? Why? Why? I know better.  I know how hard this task is.  I know how time consuming this process is.  Why do I do this?  

So this year we headed out to The Pecans in Queen Creek for our last minute, hope something turns out, Christmas card.  What an experience!  As usual, my kids were hating that they had to hold still long enough to get 500 pictures taken.  They wanted to play on The Pecans community playground.  They were hungry.  They were mad I took them out of school 30 minutes early and they missed the big canned food reveal at the assembly.  Miss B. wouldn't hold still long enough to do anything.  Case pushed Ledger down in the dirt and got his shirt dirty. Ledger was bawling his eyes out which never looks good in pictures.  Jeremy pulls Case aside and gives him the lecture about pushing his little brother down during a photo shoot and Case starts bawling.  It was just one thing after another.  I was so frustrated at my family that I wanted to leave them all in The Pecans for the night! 
Oh family, I love you bunches, but I hate taking Christmas pictures with you!
This little lady was having major wardrobe malfunctions all afternoon.  Her flower refused to stay on her head, her cute furry white boots were 2 sizes too big, and her clothes just weren't fitting right. She was a MESS!  

3 comments:

Katie said...

We have a similar experience with pictures. It is no fun! I opted to not do them this year, but I wish I had. You have a beautiful family!!

Kristy Treible said...

If it makes you feel any better Tyla had a meltdown while getting ready for our pictures and I didn't have time to do my hair and get ready! That is why I am not in our Christmas card this year! You all look great! Is Jeremy wearing a purple shirt??

Ashley Asay said...

That is exactly why we don't even try. We can't wait to see the one you pick.